TV WandaVision (2 Viewers)

the video that Hayward showed was the same from the flashback
he just says she stole Vision's body - we don't see it
i feel so yanked!

Haha, I was waiting for her to gather up all his parts, but wondering how she was getting out with them. When she walked to the car in the parking lot, I thought she would go back and get the parts later. Once she started animating Vision, I was thinking...so she didn't steal the body after all. Oof.

Something else though. Since Vision was literally animated by Wanda, how does he get outside the Hex, even if not totally? His body was outside the boundary, so it seems he shouldn't be visible to those outside the boundary.

what was y'all's sense of the opening
it read to me that those were all good witches and Agatha was dabbling in Chaos Magic or maybe even trying to become the actual SW - the blue witches sacrificed themselves into Agatha to keep her from going totally bad witch - which is why her power is purple (blue + red)

any other takes?

I think it looked very much like she was legitimately pleading for them not to kill her because she wasn't trying to be evil, then when they went ahead with trying to kill her, she used it against them and sucked them dry. She looked much closer to a True Neutral alignment this episode than possibly evil based on Agatha All Along. Maybe she'll do something bad, maybe something good...depends on if you're a threat to her. She's a survivor.

I still think we'll ultimately get the tragic ending because that's where this show seems to lean, but for the first time this morning, I felt hope that at least some version of Vision makes it out the alive at the end of the show, albeit changed. It wouldn't be hard to imagine Wanda/Agatha/Strange(?) somehow imprinting Wanda's "spirit" version onto SWORD's possibly-blank reanimated husk. The power source would be the key going forward, but I could think of a couple ways to get that done, maybe a family of scientists in space working to charge an experimental Solar Gem for it, for example.

And lastly, I'd bet money right now that the vision/figure Wanda saw inside the Mind Stone (which was definitely A Scarlet Witch, at least) when she was powered up comes back into play, possibly as Wanda herself on the other end powering up her past self, maybe in the climax of Multiverse of Madness.

I think it looked very much like she was legitimately pleading for them not to kill her because she wasn't trying to be evil, then when they went ahead with trying to kill her, she used it against them and sucked them dry. She looked much closer to a True Neutral alignment this episode than possibly evil based on Agatha All Along. Maybe she'll do something bad, maybe something good...depends on if you're a threat to her. She's a survivor.

I still think we'll ultimately get the tragic ending because that's where this show seems to lean, but for the first time this morning, I felt hope that at least some version of Vision makes it out the alive at the end of the show, albeit changed. It wouldn't be hard to imagine Wanda/Agatha/Strange(?) somehow imprinting Wanda's "spirit" version onto SWORD's possibly-blank reanimated husk. The power source would be the key going forward, but I could think of a couple ways to get that done, maybe a family of scientists in space working to charge an experimental Solar Gem for it, for example.

And lastly, I'd bet money right now that the vision/figure Wanda saw inside the Mind Stone (which was definitely A Scarlet Witch, at least) when she was powered up comes back into play, possibly as Wanda herself on the other end powering up her past self, maybe in the climax of Multiverse of Madness.
I got that same vibe from Agatha from the opening, I think she was being honest when she tried to tell her mother that she could not control her powers.

Is Hayward Immortus?

I doubt it because Immortus is just young Kang and the actor who plays Hayward looks nothing like the actor who will play Kang but they can change the relationship in the MCU.

In the comics, Immortus tricked the government into dismantling Vision. Maybe Hayward has been tricked by Kang?

We know that Kang will be part of the MCU soon.

Is Hayward Immortus?

I doubt it because Immortus is just young Kang and the actor who plays Hayward looks nothing like the actor who will play Kang but they can change the relationship in the MCU.

In the comics, Immortus tricked the government into dismantling Vision. Maybe Hayward has been tricked by Kang?

We know that Kang will be part of the MCU soon.

Knowing that we should usually expect the simplest answer to be true, I'm going to guess that he's just a bad, lying government official. But just because I think that, he'll be the one thing that goes WAY out there and turn out to be Nightmare or Immortus or Mephisto or something.

That gem looked white to me and our sun is white as well so it being a Solar Gem makes sense to me. It also needed magic to start back up.

A few thoughts after re-watching...
Fietro- Agatha said it was a possession to be her eyes and ears, so now, it would seem all his dialogue is coming from her. Puts a new spin on his and Wanda's scenes.

The deed/envelope- Wanda seems surprised to notice it. Or maybe it was a realization? It's hard to read, but she seemed to know exactly where to go. Maybe she brought it with her and wanted to bury Vision there. Or perhaps, it was something they purchased together and someone or something put in her car just to push her over the edge.

Or, there may not be any other forces at play here. The final conflict might just be SWORD trying free the people of Westview vs Wanda not wanting to lose Vision a third time.

A few thoughts after re-watching...
Fietro- Agatha said it was a possession to be her eyes and ears, so now, it would seem all his dialogue is coming from her. Puts a new spin on his and Wanda's scenes.

The deed/envelope- Wanda seems surprised to notice it. Or maybe it was a realization? It's hard to read, but she seemed to know exactly where to go. Maybe she brought it with her and wanted to bury Vision there. Or perhaps, it was something they purchased together and someone or something put in her car just to push her over the edge.

Or, there may not be any other forces at play here. The final conflict might just be SWORD trying free the people of Westview vs Wanda not wanting to lose Vision a third time.
Agatha was totally in control of Pietro when he was asking questions. Like when he asked where she keeps the children. I now fully believe that Wanda created the hex without knowing what she was doing(set up by someone else) and was probably being prodded along.

Agatha was totally in control of Pietro when he was asking questions. Like when he asked where she keeps the children. I now fully believe that Wanda created the hex without knowing what she was doing(set up by someone else) and was probably being prodded along.
unfortunately, atm, the deed being part of the manipulation is the only thing that makes sense as to why Agatha is even in Westview
I don’t super love it bc it’s a bit of a mcguffin and takes away from the love story(grief) a bit

unfortunately, atm, the deed being part of the manipulation is the only thing that makes sense as to why Agatha is even in Westview
I don’t super love it bc it’s a bit of a mcguffin and takes away from the love story(grief) a bit
I watched a video that stated the belief that Vision had bought it before he died. I guess that the purchase date on the deed would help.

I watched a video that stated the belief that Vision had bought it before he died. I guess that the purchase date on the deed would help.
that's the tricky part about where we are - we essentially have 3 unreliable narrators (Wanda/grief, Agatha/confusion+jealousy+power and Hayward/anxiety+power)
and we don't have an omniscient eye
Monica, Darcy and Jimmy seem to be the only ones we can trust, but they have tiny slivers of the story
it's not quite Rashamon, but can we trust what we see/hear?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom