TV WandaVision (1 Viewer)

What's the deal with the Hydra symbol on the watch? That made me wonder if they're gonna play a role in the story?

Wife and i watched last night. She's having a little bit more difficulty making sense of the clues because she's not as into the MCU as most of us nerds. Heh.

The watch was called a Strucker, so I think it was just a nod to her life, much like the toaster from Stark Industries. I see them more as Easter Eggs that reinforce that Wanda has created this reality.

What's the deal with the Hydra symbol on the watch? That made me wonder if they're gonna play a role in the story?

Wife and i watched last night. She's having a little bit more difficulty making sense of the clues because she's not as into the MCU as most of us nerds. Heh.

I think a lot of the elements in this world are parts of Wanda's subconscious. The Stark toaster making the same sound as Iron Man's repulsors. The Strucker watch and Hydra stuff due to them experimenting on her. I've seen speculation that the reason this is all sitcoms and the town is called Westview is that those were the shows they got in Sokovia when she was a kid and that was her "view of the west." Also that the man and woman that keep popping up in the ads are her and Pietro's parents. This whole thing could be a manifestation of her personal experiences/trauma.

I think a lot of the elements in this world are parts of Wanda's subconscious. The Stark toaster making the same sound as Iron Man's repulsors. The Strucker watch and Hydra stuff due to them experimenting on her. I've seen speculation that the reason this is all sitcoms and the town is called Westview is that those were the shows they got in Sokovia when she was a kid and that was her "view of the west." Also that the man and woman that keep popping up in the ads are her and Pietro's parents. This whole thing could be a manifestation of her personal experiences/trauma.
I heard that each episode would be the next era in sitcoms (DvD was supposed to represent the 50s and Bewitched the 60s
70s would be next and not a lot fit the bill of new couple trying to fit in suburbia and probably having a kid - Mork and Mindy is the only one that seems to check most of the boxes

I heard that each episode would be the next era in sitcoms (DvD was supposed to represent the 50s and Bewitched the 60s
70s would be next and not a lot fit the bill of new couple trying to fit in suburbia and probably having a kid - Mork and Mindy is the only one that seems to check most of the boxes
Wasn't it the beginning of the second episode when she brought the two single beds together and then they went under the single cover?

I read an article that speculated about the watch being set to 2:42. There's a comic called Avengers #242 and they are a big part in that. I think it leads to the Beyonder coming to Earth or something.

I read an article that speculated about the watch being set to 2:42. There's a comic called Avengers #242 and they are a big part in that. I think it leads to the Beyonder coming to Earth or something.

Here's the synopsis of Avengers 242.

Returning from San Francisco, the Avengers, including the returned Captain America and Thor, are having a party to celebrate Hawkeye's marriage, when the Vision succeeds in restoring his mobility. He then stuns his teammates by revealing that he has detected incursions of a mysterious force of near-infinite power, an imminent crisis requiring that he and the Scarlet Witch rejoin the team. The heroes have barely begun to discuss this possible menace, their new roster, or the Vision's suddenly authoritarian personality, when the unknown energy returns, focused on nearby Central Park. When the Avengers investigate an immense construct therein, however, six of their number pass through a gateway arch and vanish in a blinding flash.

Wasn't it the beginning of the second episode when she brought the two single beds together and then they went under the single cover?
Yes
right after they heard the noise which was the helicopter??
So yes it was played for jokes, but we can maybe assume it was perceived as a threat and they came together for comfort and then .... baby
seemingly these are allusions to I Love Lucy
I’m guessing the show will have a ‘backbone’ (DvD, Bewitched) but will have boucoup Easter eggs and homages- Twilight Zone, Pleasantville, et al

Yes
right after they heard the noise which was the helicopter??
So yes it was played for jokes, but we can maybe assume it was perceived as a threat and they came together for comfort and then .... baby
seemingly these are allusions to I Love Lucy
I’m guessing the show will have a ‘backbone’ (DvD, Bewitched) but will have boucoup Easter eggs and homages- Twilight Zone, Pleasantville, et al
The noise was a tree branch, but I was speaking more of the scene representing the transition from one sitcom era to another. IIRC, early TV shows were not allowed to show couples in the same bed together. Bringing the beds together, getting under the covers, the introduction of color, and Wanda wearing pants as opposed to a dress in the second ep all represent the evolution from one era to the next.

The noise was a tree branch, but I was speaking more of the scene representing the transition from one sitcom era to another. IIRC, early TV shows were not allowed to show couples in the same bed together. Bringing the beds together, getting under the covers, the introduction of color, and Wanda wearing pants as opposed to a dress in the second ep all represent the evolution from one era to the next.

It was the next morning she found the helicopter in the bush. I really think the noise from the tree was being caused from the outflow of the helicopter banging the branch into the house then somehow she subconsciously put that SWORD helicopter there (either shrunk it or her powers created the replica as a message to her).

It was the next morning she found the helicopter in the bush. I really think the noise from the tree was being caused from the outflow of the helicopter banging the branch into the house then somehow she subconsciously put that SWORD helicopter there (either shrunk it or her powers created the replica as a message to her).
That makes sense.

right that's why i said the I love Lucy homage - they were the first to push the beds together (after she was pregnant and they decided to incorporate that into the story) even though it was still 2 twins pushed together

to the toy copter - she's outside and hears the noise again, she looks up towards their window then goes over to the bushes and that's when she sees the toy - i think they're telling is that earlier (the night before) it was the helicopter also

what SBtB said

Slow burns are OK if they can find a way to still entertain you through them. By going this decade sitcom route they have something that is funny and well-acted while slowly dropping clues. I'm incredibly entertained by the show while it's burning slowly, so I'm good with it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom