TV WandaVision (1 Viewer)

More to the point, DVD sales didn't surpass VHS until 2003. The idea that an Eastern Bloc country would have sitcom DVD sets so readily available in 1999 is just too implausible and has frankly ruined the show, and really all of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It was a good run.
Implausible yes, but to say it ruined the show? Not a chance. If you really think that way then just quit watching all of the Marvel shows/movies and don't bother to post on them anymore.

why is no one talking about Bryan Cranston?
Al Pacino has the merest of clues floating around to justify a surprise appearance
But they literally focused on Cranston and he seems tailor made as a great MCU baddie

I guess it's possible, but I'm increasingly of the belief that a major villain reveal isn't going to happen per se. I think we may get some clues/breadcrumbs of a higher power operating behind the scenes like Nightmare or Mephisto, but with one episode left and so many loose ends to tie up with SWORD, White Vision, Monica, Agatha, Wanda, etc. I feel it's unlikely we have someone step out of the shadows and be like "It was really ME all along!"

Although that said, Agatha did seem way less Machiavellian string puller and more opportunist taking advantage of a situation she didn't understand herself this last episode. And there's still the question of what the nature of her powers being so much stronger than other witches and the possible Darkhold is. So I rule nothing out.

Also something I noticed re: Marvel's relationship with magic:

If you go back to Doctor Strange, they really went out of their way to avoid talking about magic. The word is uttered once in the entire movie, and in a kind of vague "we manipulate the powers of the universe to make magic" kind of way. They didn't mention magic in all the prelease press stuff at all. Everything is "powers of the universe" or "mystic arts." I remember vividly it being a topic of minor note at the time that they were going so far out of their way not to use the word magic during the lead up and release of that movie, despite the main character arguably being the best known magic user in comics. Explanations ranged from Marvel being worried that magic was a step too far for mainsteam audiences to compliance with China's weird "no supernatural elements in movies released here" state policy. So like learning to manipulate dimensional energy is OK, but magic and sorcery are not. Weirdly, this is kind of how Mephisto came into being. The Comics Code Authority forbade any depictions of Satan, so Marvel was like "He's not the devil, he's just a guy from another dimension who happens to look like the devil and lives in a place that looks like Hell."

I feel like they slowly started doing things like having characters refer to Strange as a wizard, him talking more about spells, etc. And now we've reached a point where they're like witches and magic and spells and incantations are a thing. Magic totally exists. No more wrapping it up in other dressings, it's just magic.

You really took that seriously. Wow. The internet never ceases to amaze.

There was nothing in your post that made me think it was sarcasm. Maybe try to use a /sarcasm tag?

There was nothing in your post that made me think it was sarcasm. Maybe try to use a /sarcasm tag?

Everybody else had no problem figuring it out.

But let's walk through this: in a franchise that features monsters and magic and super soldiers and super science and sentient robots and aliens and interdimensional beings and gods and time travel and LITERALLY EVERYTHING, someone saying "these slightly anachronistic DVDs have gone too far and ruined over a decade of entertainment for me" is quite clearly not to be taken literally. The fact that I'm explaining this to you is not great. Your failure to get an obvious joke isn't my issue.

Last edited:
Also something I noticed re: Marvel's relationship with magic:

If you go back to Doctor Strange, they really went out of their way to avoid talking about magic. The word is uttered once in the entire movie, and in a kind of vague "we manipulate the powers of the universe to make magic" kind of way. They didn't mention magic in all the prelease press stuff at all. Everything is "powers of the universe" or "mystic arts." I remember vividly it being a topic of minor note at the time that they were going so far out of their way not to use the word magic during the lead up and release of that movie, despite the main character arguably being the best known magic user in comics. Explanations ranged from Marvel being worried that magic was a step too far for mainsteam audiences to compliance with China's weird "no supernatural elements in movies released here" state policy. So like learning to manipulate dimensional energy is OK, but magic and sorcery are not. Weirdly, this is kind of how Mephisto came into being. The Comics Code Authority forbade any depictions of Satan, so Marvel was like "He's not the devil, he's just a guy from another dimension who happens to look like the devil and lives in a place that looks like Hell."

I feel like they slowly started doing things like having characters refer to Strange as a wizard, him talking more about spells, etc. And now we've reached a point where they're like witches and magic and spells and incantations are a thing. Magic totally exists. No more wrapping it up in other dressings, it's just magic.

It goes all the way back to the first Thor movie when he told Jane about Yggdrasil and magic and science being the same thing. Jane herself quoted Arthur C. Clarke with "magic is science we just don't understand yet." They've definitely opened up to weirder and weirder stuff, and now without Tony Stark and Steve Rodgers to sort of ground the universe, I can see them going totally wild.

I guess it's possible, but I'm increasingly of the belief that a major villain reveal isn't going to happen per se. I think we may get some clues/breadcrumbs of a higher power operating behind the scenes like Nightmare or Mephisto, but with one episode left and so many loose ends to tie up with SWORD, White Vision, Monica, Agatha, Wanda, etc. I feel it's unlikely we have someone step out of the shadows and be like "It was really ME all along!"

Although that said, Agatha did seem way less Machiavellian string puller and more opportunist taking advantage of a situation she didn't understand herself this last episode. And there's still the question of what the nature of her powers being so much stronger than other witches and the possible Darkhold is. So I rule nothing out.
agreed, but as we know WandaVision is the 1st of 3 stories laying the foundation for multiverses/dimensions - WV will have it's own resolution, but i think it will also have an 'Act 1' conclusion - i think they can get away with introducing characters/ideas that will flesh out in Dr Strange and Spiderman (especially since both of those will probably have boucoup exposition and world building to do in 3 hours)

One of the most beautiful statements I've ever heard

What is grief, if not love persevering

I know I'm not the only one who shed a tear there.

That was awesome indeed. Lump in my throat. I don't often get emotional or sentimental, but that was definitely a moment.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom