TV WandaVision (2 Viewers)

So there was a Whizzer easter egg in episode 2.

That's a pretty obscure one, but I think it's great. The Easter eggs are definitely fun to spot. It's one of the things I really enjoy about Marvel. They really sweat the small stuff, which makes for a fuller, more rewarding viewing experience. And it doesn't take away from those who are new and not as familiar with the mythos of Marvel history.

I think the voice she hears sounds like Captain America. I also hate the laugh track. It detracts from the show for me.

I think the voice she hears sounds like Captain America. I also hate the laugh track. It detracts from the show for me.

It does sound like him, but I read it’s the actor who played one of the FBI Agents in Ant Man. Considering how careful they are with that stuff I’d assume it’s the same character but working for someone else now.

It does sound like him, but I read it’s the actor who played one of the FBI Agents in Ant Man. Considering how careful they are with that stuff I’d assume it’s the same character but working for someone else now.
Asian Jim, Randall Park, is listed on IMDb as being part of the cast.

Slow burns are OK if they can find a way to still entertain you through them. By going this decade sitcom route they have something that is funny and well-acted while slowly dropping clues. I'm incredibly entertained by the show while it's burning slowly, so I'm good with it.
Well, other than my trust in MCU there hasn’t been anything in these first two to interest me. Put another way, if this was Wonderlantern from the DCCU, I’d be done with it.

so the 2 show's they're mostly quoting
since Vision was making a big deal about 'what are we doing at this business - yes maybe it's bc Wanda is creating it and just hasn't filled in those details - vision seems to be straddling a line between having agency and not
but
the dick van dyke show is about a guy who wrote for tv which was essentially autobiographical (for carl reiner) - the meta seems to be that vision does have a hand in crafting his own fiction
bewitched is the obvious one - a witch trying to blend into a human world BUT Darren was in advertising and 2 commercials (stark cooker and strucker (hydra?) watch) feature prominently - indicating more agency for Vision??
I don't know why, but I got a feeling that Vision's talents were being exploited through his job, but that may have been just me trying to make sense of everything.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom