TV WandaVision (1 Viewer)

This is fair. Obviously we want to keep the tags until people have watched. There being nothing to spoil is a spoiler unto itself. But yeah, there really isn't anything to spoil. There was no misdirection happening there. It all was exactly what it appeared to be.
Yeah. When I posted this morning, I debated throwing out that there was no big reveal or cameo just to temper expectations, but as you said, that in itself is a spoiler. I was guilty of expecting those things, but enjoyed the finale anyway. Hopefully, others can do the same.

And, I'll say it again. I still feel they intentionally dropped certain breadcrumbs. We may not see where they lead for years, but this company knows what they are doing and they knew certain things would set off fan speculation. The payoff may not have happened here, but there may be some down the line.

First off, thank you Marvel for giving us a conclusion to the story and not just a chapter ending followed by an unresolved cliff-hanger.

Now, There is a real Vision, with his memories, but no Mind Stone. He is not mystically powered, but he is a version of Vision. One day, he will meet Wanda again, but that is a story for another day.

The twins are alive somewhere. Perhaps the one with purple power to stop the bullet used that power for survival.

Once the hex went away, where is Agatha?

Scarlet Witch Wanda with knowledge is more powerful than Dr. Strange. This will be interesting. Obviously a hard story to tell well, but they know what they are doing, obviously.

Monica Rambeau will go to space to meet Nick Fury? Interesting...

I loved that this episode started off with some nice action. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Heyward is a villan's villan trying to kill in cold blood in front of witnesses.

This show makes me not too worried for the Thor: Love and Thunder movie or the She-Hulk TV show.

So the cameo was the stupid Skrull thingy? Or it was just QS from before? Why did the white Vision just fly away?

The cameo was White Vision. Bettany was having some fun with us saying it was someone he wanted to work with his entire life.

The "cameo" was a combination of Bettany trolling about white Vision and the whole "Luke Skywalker level cameo" thing attributed to Elizabeth Olsen that she never actually said.

So the cameo was the stupid Skrull thingy? Or it was just QS from before? Why did the white Vision just fly away?
I admit I was hoping for a brief cameo from Samuel L when she revealed herself as a Skrull, but all we got was setup, so apparently we have to wait for Secret Invasion to see him on Disney+

While the finale answered some questions, it left other things very open ended, the biggest one being the twins. Clearly, they were more than a mental conjuring spell of Wanda's. While we saw Vision fade out, we didn't see them disappear. That ambiguity was answered almost immediately in the final credit sequence, which leaves the question of who has them and why did they come to be?

My money is still on Mephisto because all of the clues that were dropped along the way, particularly "That's not all he's (the devil) in around here" and "Demon spawn". They're just making this a slow burn reveal, IMHO. Likely, he has the twins now.

Too bad we didn't get Benedict Cumberbatch, but the tie-in obvious at the end with Wanda reading the Darkhold in the Astral plane. Rescuing the twins seems likely to be at least part of the plot of the film.

Finally, I'm not convinced Fietro is simply the formerly absent Ralph and nothing more. We'll see on that one, of course, but with the multiverse opening in the next two films, it's hard to believe something isn't intended from that corner.

I'm pretty happy with the final episode. Good show! I'm not necessarily expecting more WandaVision shows, but I wouldn't be disappointed if it happens.

While the finale answered some questions, it left other things very open ended, the biggest one being the twins. Clearly, they were more than a mental conjuring spell of Wanda's. While we saw Vision fade out, we didn't see them disappear. That ambiguity was answered almost immediately in the final credit sequence, which leaves the question of who has them and why did they come to be?

My money is still on Mephisto because all of the clues that were dropped along the way, particularly "That's not all he's (the devil) in around here" and "Demon spawn". They're just making this a slow burn reveal, IMHO. Likely, he has the twins now.

Too bad we didn't get Benedict Cumberbatch, but the tie-in obvious at the end with Wanda reading the Darkhold in the Astral plane. Rescuing the twins seems likely to be at least part of the plot of the film.

Finally, I'm not convinced Fietro is simply the formerly absent Ralph and nothing more. We'll see on that one, of course, but with the multiverse opening in the next two films, it's hard to believe something isn't intended from that corner.

I will say that I think at least some of the open ended stuff is going to be answered in future series/movies. I'm not necessarily expecting it, but if it happens, then great.

Is that show Ms. Marvel that is on the schedule for September going to be a Monica Rambeau show?

Is that show Ms. Marvel that is on the schedule for September going to be a Monica Rambeau show?
It could happen but Ms. Marvel is a teenage girl in the comics. I don't remember her being able to fly, etc. I'd say that space is out of her league. It might take a lot of story building to get her to that point. She idolizes Captain Marvel though so she might get involved through that connection.

I'm pretty happy with the final episode. Good show! I'm not necessarily expecting more WandaVision shows, but I wouldn't be disappointed if it happens.

I will say that I think at least some of the open ended stuff is going to be answered in future series/movies. I'm not necessarily expecting it, but if it happens, then great.

Yes, I fully expect these open ended items to be leading to events in future films. After all, that's how Feige and Marvel have operated through the entire Avengers series beginning from nuggets in the first Iron Man.

I had my doubts when I heard the MCU was going into tv shows.
Agents of Shield hasn’t been mentioned in the films, unless I’m missing something, and I’m still trying to figure out where the Netflix shows fit in the MCU.
But I was wrong. They managed to make a nine episode miniseries as memorable, great, and entertaining as 60 episode HBO classic that ended in its prime.
the tv shows weren't part of the MCU then (no Feige)
now it's all under the MCU

That's the point I was making yesterday. We all did a lot of overanalyzing of the show and I said yesterday I thought it would lead to disappointment. They weren't making the show we were trying to watch with a bunch of subtle clues that lead to big reveals. They were making something much simpler.
1st, I enjoyed this a lot
quite a powerful emotional payoff
BUT
To this thread you and Sun are pulling- I think it’s way too simple to say ‘fanfic’
The writers know exactly how fans, Reddit, podcasts work and they know what they’re going to do (esp with mythology)
They chose to use a LOT of red herrings - and Quicksilver was straight trolling unless they do something with it

the sense that I get is that the writers/show runner guessed that bait n switch was the best way to tell this story of loss and grief
And they’re probably right

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom