TV WandaVision (1 Viewer)

I don't believe Disney+ provide free trials anymore. I think HBOMax has stopped as well.

I used an HBOMax one recently. Or rather wasted, since it was for WW84 - not to say I didn't catch the tail end (was an insert in Cyberpunk 2077).
I think I'm going to end up doing one month subs at the end of the season for HBO/Showtime type subs though. I flipped through HBO to see what else I could catch during the trial period...and meh.

What is Wandavision?
So the MCU is based on the Marvel comics but slightly different.

In the Marvel Comics Wanda "Maximov" is Scarlet Witch. Her primary power is essentially the ability to alter probabilities through Hexes. Vision is an android created by Ultron who in turn was created by Hank Pym "Yellow Jacket/Giant-Man/Goliath/OG Ant-Man". Vision was created to defeat the Avengers but instead joins them.

But the strange part is that Wanda falls in love with the Vision an android, this seems logistically improbable but when you can alter probability, well strange things happen.

There is a whole lot of other stuff like Simon Williams "Wonder Man", Jim Hammond "the Original Human Torch" and Mutants and stuff, but we will have to see how they want to unfold the tale in the MCU via a 1950-ish Sitcom.

...ohhh and if you want me to tell you anything about Monica Rambeau hit me with a PM and I will weave you a tale about multiple heroes called Captain Marvel with Carol Danvers being like 4th or 5th on that list.

I've been very excited for this. If they're able to handle the emotional aspect of this story they'll have a masterpiece. I think that they will because it leads to Doctor Strange 2 and they don't want to mess that up.

I know that it won't be exactly like it was in the comics. I don't care about that as long as they're able to make the audience feel what she's going through.
So what is everyone thinking here? The trailers to this thing are all over the place in terms of trying to tell us what's going on. My guess is that this turns out to be some kind of emotional break from reality by Wanda as she tries to cope with the loss of Vision. I'm just glad to be getting more Vision and the additional of Katherine Hahn should be good as well.

So what is everyone thinking here? The trailers to this thing are all over the place in terms of trying to tell us what's going on. My guess is that this turns out to be some kind of emotional break from reality by Wanda as she tries to cope with the loss of Vision. I'm just glad to be getting more Vision and the additional of Katherine Hahn should be good as well.
Im thinking in similar terms...sort of a non-mutant version of the House of M storyline.

Is it just me or does this actress look like Flo from Geicos pretty younger sister

1610309361372.jpeg
Isn’t Flo from progressive?

I don’t see the resemblance.

Isn’t Flo from progressive?

I don’t see the resemblance.

yes I suppose she is. And I chose GEICO for her. What a traitor she is. Anyway, I think it’s the big fake smile in one of the trailers maybe that made me think of her.

side note for another thread maybe, how effective is advertisement if you can’t even remember whose doing what for who.

Im thinking in similar terms...sort of a non-mutant version of the House of M storyline.
OR

I don't know what the timeline is supposed to be here, but maybe it's those couple weeks during Infinity War when they were playing house?

OR

I don't know what the timeline is supposed to be here, but maybe it's those couple weeks during Infinity War when they were playing house?
I'm guessing that she has a mental breakdown after Endgame and wraps herself in her own reality.

I'm not too invested in how they approach it as long as it's well done.

If you watch the trailers closely, the implication seems to be that she is in an alternate reality "bubble" with outside forces (S.W.O.R.D. it seems) trying to reach/help her but struggling to do so. This seems to be of her own creation although it also seems like there's some other force manipulating her in some way. Speculation is that it could be Mephisto or Nightmare. But again, all just speculation.

My theory is someone has her trapped in there trying to figure her powers out, maybe even how to extract the Mind Stone energy out of her. She seemed fine during Endgame so the idea of a mental breakdown due to Vision dying doesn't make much sense to me. I also don't think it would be an earned storyline because in the movies their relationship wasn't developed to the point that losing him would affect her more than losing her brother.

I'm going with someone is experimenting on her and unleashes her reality-altering powers in the process.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom