TV WandaVision (2 Viewers)

Re: kids, Agnes had that line about not being able to control kids. I take almost every line of dialog she has as having a surface meaning in the scene and a deeper meaning to what's going on. So I'm assuming that kids are harder/impossible to mentally control than adults for whatever reason, hence there being none aside from Wanda's in Westview.

Indeed, but, who was responsible for Westview not having any kids? I'm debating whether that's a Wanda thing or someone else who's controlling the whole thing.

Indeed, but, who was responsible for Westview not having any kids? I'm debating whether that's a Wanda thing or someone else who's controlling the whole thing.

However far gone she may be, Wanda isn't Anakin. She wouldn't slaughter a town full of kids, nor would she take part in any scheme remotely involving that.
Yet the Westview children are manifestly not present. Nor has anyone reported a sudden appearance of confused kids. So where are they?

Just realized that Lagos (the paper towel) is the city where Wanda blew up the building in Age of Ultron and it also the city where Team X was looking for adamantium in X-men Origins: Wolverine

Just realized that Lagos (the paper towel) is the city where Wanda blew up the building in Age of Ultron and it also the city where Team X was looking for adamantium in X-men Origins: Wolverine
Yes, the paper towels "cleaning up the mess" was a definitely a reference to her guilt about the people who were hurt/killed in that event.

You forget that they said you can't make changes in the past that affect the future so the stones are still reduced to atoms in the post Endgame timeline.
You misunderstand what I'm saying. What I'm saying is there is now a different timeline in which the stones were never destroyed because Thanos wasn't alive to destroy them (there are now at least two different timelines, and it's possible it didn't happen in the Loki one, either). If Mephisto or whoever is behind this has the ability to cross timelines and multiverses (and X-Quicksilver clearly shows that they do) that entity could have brought Wanda a mind stone from a different reality so she could reanimate Vision with it.

You misunderstand what I'm saying. What I'm saying is there is now a different timeline in which the stones were never destroyed because Thanos wasn't alive to destroy them (there are now at least two different timelines, and it's possible it didn't happen in the Loki one, either). If Mephisto or whoever is behind this has the ability to cross timelines and multiverses (and X-Quicksilver clearly shows that they do) that entity could have brought Wanda a mind stone from a different reality so she could reanimate Vision with it.
Infinity Stones only work in the universe they helped create. You can bop back and forth in time, but only within the same universe. Which is what the Ancient One and Loki's timecops are concerned about.

apparently in some foreign language subtitles of that scene, the engineer is gendered female - casting some doubt on Reed
but adding some weight to your guess or Shuri (who was already working on Vision)
the podcast i was listening to speculated about IronHeart (whom i don't know) and she is already cast and a series is already announced
that seems the most likely option
Trying to track down the origin of the "foreign language subtitles mean the mentioned 'aerospace engineer' is female" angle. Striking out so far.

Anyone besides Reed Richards would be something of a letdown. Ironheart's very short (intro'd 2015) comics history doesn't so much as hint at 'aerospace engineering' but does establish IH as sort of a 'catch-all' "engineering" genius -- but a very young one, perhaps younger than Peter Parker. On one hand, a huge stretch ... on the other, helps Marvel promote a new show already in the works.

Shuri also has no apparent aerospace engineering in her background in the MCU (and especially not in the comics) ... but again, a catch-all MCU "genius". Seems a giant stretch that Monica Rambeau would know Shuri, though -- especially since both were Snapped.

Talos' unnamed daughter -- Monica surely remembers her from her youth -- just seems too tenuous a character to come in big from stage left all of a sudden. Could be done with the credit that Feige has built up, and fans would get over the "huh?" before long. But still a letdown.

However far gone she may be, Wanda isn't Anakin. She wouldn't slaughter a town full of kids, nor would she take part in any scheme remotely involving that.
Yet the Westview children are manifestly not present. Nor has anyone reported a sudden appearance of confused kids. So where are they?

Agreed. She definitely has a sense that she cares about humanity. That was made clear in Age of Ultron when she touches the Cradle and has a vision of the destruction of not just the Avengers, but also humanity. That was essentially where she turned away from Ultron and by extension, Hydra. Once she understood the true direction they were headed, she couldn't accept that.

Trying to track down the origin of the "foreign language subtitles mean the mentioned 'aerospace engineer' is female" angle. Striking out so far.

Anyone besides Reed Richards would be something of a letdown. Ironheart's very short (intro'd 2015) comics history doesn't so much as hint at 'aerospace engineering' but does establish IH as sort of a 'catch-all' "engineering" genius -- but a very young one, perhaps younger than Peter Parker. On one hand, a huge stretch ... on the other, helps Marvel promote a new show already in the works.

Shuri also has no apparent aerospace engineering in her background in the MCU (and especially not in the comics) ... but again, a catch-all MCU "genius". Seems a giant stretch that Monica Rambeau would know Shuri, though -- especially since both were Snapped.

Talos' unnamed daughter -- Monica surely remembers her from her youth -- just seems too tenuous a character to come in big from stage left all of a sudden. Could be done with the credit that Feige has built up, and fans would get over the "huh?" before long. But still a letdown.

For Talos' daughter, they're going to be setting up Secret Invasion soon, so it's not as tenuous as you think. Skrulls are going to be big players going forward, and incorporating them with Monica Rambeau and SWORD makes more sense than Reed Richards at this point, at least from my POV. I don't see them backdooring Fantastic Four here.

For Talos' daughter, they're going to be setting up Secret Invasion soon, so it's not as tenuous as you think. Skrulls are going to be big players going forward, and incorporating them with Monica Rambeau and SWORD makes more sense than Reed Richards at this point, at least from my POV. I don't see them backdooring Fantastic Four here.

I don't know that it would be backdooring Fantastic Four as much as setting them up. The first reference to Spiderman was an almost passing statement in Antman. There have been other similar situations where someone is referenced subtly before their big introduction in the MCU. I don't think we will actually see Reed, but I do think we might see the vehicle delivered and Monica saying something like "Reed always delivers" just so we know he's out there.

Anakin wasn't Anakin either, until he was.

Infinity Stones only work in the universe they helped create. You can bop back and forth in time, but only within the same universe. Which is what the Ancient One and Loki's timecops are concerned about.
According to the MCU, the stones were created when the singularity erupted, so it's hard to think there is a dimension where they don't exist.
Regardless, the stones still work in the splintered timelines of "Thanos died" and "Loki escaped" because those timelines are the same as the regular one up to the point where Thanos went forward in time or Loki escaped, so the stones are in play in both timelines whether or not they exist in other multiverses.

'Tenuous' as in Talos' daughter not even having a name yet in the MCU. Still, you bring up an excellent point -- I didn't think at all of the recently-announced Secret Invasion Disney+ series.

Within the MCU as presented to date ... Talos' daughter still would be kind of an initial "who the heck?" moment for many (more casual) Wandavision viewers. But in the future -- if Wandavision DOES make Talos' daughter 'the aerospace engineer' -- viewers will be able to look back on Wandavision and recall how she got her foot in the door.

(Any chance whatsoever that Talos' daughter was surreptitiously shown in the Spiderman: Far From Home credits scene aboard the Skrull space station/spacecraft? I really want to see that scene again and scrutinize it.)

Still more theories about the Wandavision 'aerospace engineer' here:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom