TV WandaVision (2 Viewers)

If you watch again, the aspect ratio changed as Wanda went into the basement, signifying that we aren't in Westview anymore as it does when we check in on SWORD, so...maybe not as far-off as you might think?

Yeah, I did notice the change, although I wondered if it was the book, possibly Darkhold, which if true, has some reality altering powers.

So I commented to my wife yesterday during the big reveal that I honestly think WandaVision is the best thing the MCU has ever done. I think it’s better than any of the movies. It’s absolutely appointment television. Each episode is just so incredibly deep.

So I commented to my wife yesterday during the big reveal that I honestly think WandaVision is the best thing the MCU has ever done. I think it’s better than any of the movies. It’s absolutely appointment television. Each episode is just so incredibly deep.
I’m trying to hold off on meta analysis until after the series, but it really seems like WV is expanding television

Whoa there. Don’t say something you can’t take back. Maybe you need to go rewatch Thor 2.

As far as timing, it's really the best thing they could have done after Endgame. It takes a break from regular superhero cinema and employs all the tricks of traditional television. It's a fun mind bending trip that still expands the MCU.

As far as timing, it's really the best thing they could have done after Endgame. It takes a break from regular superhero cinema and employs all the tricks of traditional television. It's a fun mind bending trip that still expands the MCU.

Yeah, I actually love the mix of movies and TV series. It's a good drip drip drip they're doing. I'm going through the MCU chronological order from beginning to end at the moment. Will keep me busy between new episodes and movie releases.

I'll wait until the end to make an assessment, but yes, the weekly format has made every word of every episode important. If we were allowed to binge it all in one sitting, it would be forgotten quickly. It's kind of like waiting for the next issue of the comic right now.

I'll wait until the end to make an assessment, but yes, the weekly format has made every word of every episode important. If we were allowed to binge it all in one sitting, it would be forgotten quickly. It's kind of like waiting for the next issue of the comic right now.

Indeed, the discussion between shows is actually pretty great. And I'm soaking up the knowledge other posters have, particularly from those who are more familiar with the comics.

something to think about in regards to ‘is Agnes the big bad’ question
When Agnes is revealed she is still in the TV convention
Whe they go into the basement the tv language (aspect ratio) is ‘reality’
But it seems to be signaling that when she was on the surface she was also in a tv show

something to think about in regards to ‘is Agnes the big bad’ question
When Agnes is revealed she is still in the TV convention
Whe they go into the basement the tv language (aspect ratio) is ‘reality’
But it seems to be signaling that when she was on the surface she was also in a tv show

I think the tv broadcast is meant for someone else, either Mephisto or whoever else there is to reveal that they went with. Why else would they have been continuing with the tv show format when Sword said the feed was down?

I think I just found a hint that Vision is dead within the first 2 and half minutes of episode one. It's the calander, on the bottom in small writing it says, "Foster homes and gardens, Lessons for LIVING, positive role models safety". I also think that Vision was helping to use the book whenever he provided the number data at his job.

I think I just found a hint that Vision is dead within the first 2 and half minutes of episode one. It's the calander, on the bottom in small writing it says, "Foster homes and gardens, Lessons for LIVING, positive role models safety". I also think that Vision was helping to use the book whenever he provided the number data at his job.
i think the bigger hint was when he died twice in Infinity Wars
or Peter saying something about her husband not being able to die twice
but we saw he was 'alive' outside of the bubble

i do like the idea that his job is connected to this illusion in some way - that's a good one

My daughter said the same thing. Primadox has never been much for Wanda as a character in the movies, but she now finds her extremely interesting She always found her kind of weak and "weepy" in the films; now she sees her as a string, powerful, and fleshed out person.

This series definitely is killing it, not just in characterization, but the amazing job the directors have done in imitating the different sit-coms from each era, right down to camera shots. All the little references like Vison walking though the chair like Dick van Dyke tripping over it, to the brilliant opening credits mimicking Bewitched, the Brady Bunch, Family Ties, Malcolm in the Middle, the Office, etc., etc., to the sets imitating van Dyke, I Love Lucy, Mary Tyler Moore, Brady Bunch, Full House, the Office, Parks and Rec, to the display ratios and the aforementioned camera angles/shots mimicking all those different shows/eras. It's just brilliant in all of those details.

I only ever watched one episode of The Office (hated it so much, I was done right there), so I didn't know until my daughter told me that Randall Park was on that show for a brief time, so there's another tie in addition to the ones already mentioned.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom