TV WandaVision (2 Viewers)

Right, Sun?
However, I'm not sure why anyone on here is thinking Agatha Harkness is the end of it as one behind everything. We called it right that she is running things in the Wanda-nirvana, but that Mephisto created it is obvious as the clues are everywhere, and I know his reveal is inevitable, but probably in the final episode, though the basement is so obviously a portal to hell it seems almost impossible for him not to show up in episode 8.
The locust on the curtain was the latest blatant clue (his first 'disguise' in a Marvel comic was an insect) - and maybe a possible "Silence of the Lambs" nod since she saw it right after Agnes said the twins might be in the basement.

The big question in my mind right now is if the twins are actually going to be Mephisto's children (they weren't in the comics, but we all know they change things here and there for the MCU versions):
1) Can the MCU version of Vision even procreate?
2) Vision is dead, so even if he was capable, how could he father children as animated dead "flesh"?
3) The biggest clue was given by Quicksilver when he yelled to the twins, "Go forth, demon spawn!" at Halloween

Last edited:
My daughter saw this from one of her friends. Not sure if it was that person's idea or one that's going around the comic nerd sites (most likely that):
Director Heyward is what's left of Ultron. That's why he has been trying to "restart" Vision. This idea comes from the "Avengers Assemble" cartoon series in which Ultron had created a nano-virus through which he could infect himself into humans as well. The thinking of this bizarre theory is that Ultron had done this before being destroyed, but not perfected it, so he is alive through the infection of Heyward, but also trapped in his body as the non-tech hadn't developed enough to allow him to spread himself out of the human host.
Thus he is interested in restarting Vision because part of him is still inside Vision (this is an old theory from the end of the Ultron fil when we didn't actually see Vision destroy Ultron).
I seriously doubt this theory, but it's certainly intriguing and worth considering.

I only ever watched one episode of The Office (hated it so much, I was done right there), so I didn't know until my daughter told me that Randall Park was on that show for a brief time, so there's another tie in addition to the ones already mentioned.

So I’m not one of those “The Office is the greatest show ever” people, but it does get better. I can’t think of a character I dislike in a show I ended up watching more than early Michael Scott. Park only had a cameo in one though.

I think the tv broadcast is meant for someone else, either Mephisto or whoever else there is to reveal that they went with. Why else would they have been continuing with the tv show format when Sword said the feed was down?
Maybe the feed isn't down. It just might have switched from analogue to digital broadcasting so the old school equipment Darcy set up for SWORD isn't picking it up any more.

Maybe the feed isn't down. It just might have switched from analogue to digital broadcasting so the old school equipment Darcy set up for SWORD isn't picking it up any more.

I'd like to think that they wouldn't be so stupid as to make that mistake. I mean that would be a massive one for a governmental agency.

aren’t they in a whole new camp? Wandas bubble swallowed the other camp, right?
True, I'm assuming they'd have just replaced the same analogue set up.
I'd like to think that they wouldn't be so stupid as to make that mistake. I mean that would be a massive one for a governmental agency.
Yes, I am assuming stupidity there. I think they're leaning into that with that particular group of SWORD. But maybe they're not that stupid, maybe the show's only on cable and streaming now!

At this point I’m pretty sure the big cameo is going to be Dr. Strange. I’ve seen some comparisons of the book Agatha has with the books from Dr. Strange and it really looks like it’s one of those. Paul B said it was someone he’s always wanted to work with and Dr. Strange and Vision have actually never been in a scene together.

Long money is on Al Pacino as Mephisto (he met with Fiege to discuss a role in the MCU), but I’m starting to doubt Mephisto will actually be in the MCU. The theme of him is he’s basically the Devil. They have stayed away from anything even remotely controversial in the MCU. They didn’t play with the Stark alcoholism or the Pym spousal abuse storylines. I’m not sure they want to try and skirt the Mephisto line. Agatha’s powers were purple like Dormammu. I think it’s more likely they are going to do some of the Mephisto plots using him instead.

At this point I’m pretty sure the big cameo is going to be Dr. Strange. I’ve seen some comparisons of the book Agatha has with the books from Dr. Strange and it really looks like it’s one of those. Paul B said it was someone he’s always wanted to work with and Dr. Strange and Vision have actually never been in a scene together.

Long money is on Al Pacino as Mephisto (he met with Fiege to discuss a role in the MCU), but I’m starting to doubt Mephisto will actually be in the MCU. The theme of him is he’s basically the Devil. They have stayed away from anything even remotely controversial in the MCU. They didn’t play with the Stark alcoholism or the Pym spousal abuse storylines. I’m not sure they want to try and skirt the Mephisto line. Agatha’s powers were purple like Dormammu. I think it’s more likely they are going to do some of the Mephisto plots using him instead.
in interviews, they're hyping it way too much for it to be a character/actor who's already in MCU
i think Pacino is shorter money than you assume
but, of course, :idunno:

We know that WandaVision leads directly into Dr. Strange and the Multiverse of Madness. We know that Scott Derickson said he wanted DS2 to be about Nightmare but he has since parted ways with Disney/Marvel. We also know this pattern exists because Kevin Feige controls the overall story, see Edgar Wright leaving Ant-Man and Joss Whedon’s complaints on Avengers 2 with that weird Thor scene.

So my theory is that the overarching Big Bad is indeed Mephisto but like Thanos before him, he was only hinted at in The Avengers.
I suspect that like the earlier phases of the MCU, each film/story has a big bad (Agatha Harkness here) but they are all working for, knowingly or not, Mephisto.

this explains why Derrickson left DS2 and why Sam Raimi was brought in, to execute Feige’s story, he’s a team player, and he is experienced in Hell themed stories (Drag Me To Hell).
One more hint leading to Mephisto: the Loki Trailer.
95506D02-E85C-4321-8CC2-758794DDB600.jpeg

aren’t they in a whole new camp? Wandas bubble swallowed the other camp, right?

I'm pretty sure she (the bubble) didn't get everyone from the first camp. Didn't the ones who got away set up a new perimeter further away outside the Hex? And I thought the second camp was on the other side of the Hex. They were separate and called there by Rambeau, at least that's the impression I had.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom