TV WandaVision (1 Viewer)

I'm pretty sure she (the bubble) didn't get everyone from the first camp. Didn't the ones who got away set up a new perimeter further away outside the Hex? And I thought the second camp was on the other side of the Hex. They were separate and called there by Rambeau, at least that's the impression I had.
i think the acting director and the 2 other people in the car were the only ones who did not get bubbled - i think these are all new Sword agents

Monica's group is wearing Capt Marvel insignia i believe - different group entirely

i think the acting director and the 2 other people in the car were the only ones who did not get bubbled - i think these are all new Sword agents

Monica's group is wearing Capt Marvel insignia i believe - different group entirely

Yeah, that makes sense.

True, I'm assuming they'd have just replaced the same analogue set up.

Yes, I am assuming stupidity there. I think they're leaning into that with that particular group of SWORD. But maybe they're not that stupid, maybe the show's only on cable and streaming now!

I seriously doubt that they're going to go that stupid. "Whoops, sorry guys. She's been broadcasting this whole time and all we had to do was press this button and we'd be picking it up in digital." I highly doubt that.

At this point I’m pretty sure the big cameo is going to be Dr. Strange. I’ve seen some comparisons of the book Agatha has with the books from Dr. Strange and it really looks like it’s one of those. Paul B said it was someone he’s always wanted to work with and Dr. Strange and Vision have actually never been in a scene together.

Long money is on Al Pacino as Mephisto (he met with Fiege to discuss a role in the MCU), but I’m starting to doubt Mephisto will actually be in the MCU. The theme of him is he’s basically the Devil. They have stayed away from anything even remotely controversial in the MCU. They didn’t play with the Stark alcoholism or the Pym spousal abuse storylines. I’m not sure they want to try and skirt the Mephisto line. Agatha’s powers were purple like Dormammu. I think it’s more likely they are going to do some of the Mephisto plots using him instead.

Mephisto should be fine so long as they don't go the "One More Day" route of having a hero blatantly and clearly make a deal with with in a completely out of character move. The pew jumping family values crowd doesn't have much social cache these days, and we've seen similar characters in all kinds of media over the past couple of decades with no major issues. Deal making devils/demons as antagonists is a pretty common media trope these days. And that scene at the end of the basement was pretty demonic looking already with skulls evocative of Baphomet on the wall amongst other imagery.

As to the other examples, they never directly adapted Demon in a Bottle but they absolutely took Stark's self destructive tendencies and made it a part of the character. And the Pym/Wasp spousal abuse thing just doesn't really fit in with what the MCU is. To be fair, the latter is mostly remembered as much as it is not because it was great writing but because of how weird and out of place it was.

Last edited:
Haven’t seen the newest trailer for episode 8 posted but they clearly say Mr Richards in regard to the aerospace engineer...

Haven’t seen the newest trailer for episode 8 posted but they clearly say Mr Richards in regard to the aerospace engineer...

That isn't real. Screen Culture makes supercuts of trailers/ads and often adds in fake footage or dialogue to get their view counts up. Never trust anything from them.

And just as a PSA, it seems lots of people, even some in this thread based on comments, are seeing faked trailers/footage/etc. or even faked leaks. As far as I know, the only visual leak that wasn't set photos was the footage from the editor's copy that leaked that showed Quicksilver and some of the Halloween episode. There has been nothing to confirm Reed Richard or Magneto or Professor X or Mephisto or any thing else. At all. If you're seeing something that indicates that, it's a fake, at least up to this point. There are some likely true written leaks out there floating around, but no footage.

Last edited:
At this point I’m pretty sure the big cameo is going to be Dr. Strange. I’ve seen some comparisons of the book Agatha has with the books from Dr. Strange and it really looks like it’s one of those. Paul B said it was someone he’s always wanted to work with and Dr. Strange and Vision have actually never been in a scene together.

Long money is on Al Pacino as Mephisto (he met with Fiege to discuss a role in the MCU), but I’m starting to doubt Mephisto will actually be in the MCU. The theme of him is he’s basically the Devil. They have stayed away from anything even remotely controversial in the MCU. They didn’t play with the Stark alcoholism or the Pym spousal abuse storylines. I’m not sure they want to try and skirt the Mephisto line. Agatha’s powers were purple like Dormammu. I think it’s more likely they are going to do some of the Mephisto plots using him instead.

I think you need to go back and watch Iron Man again. Tony decidedly was presented as an alcoholic at the beginning of the film. For that matter, though it isn't stated precisely in Iron Man 2, it's obvious he is slipping back into it during part of that film.

As for the spousal abuse story line of Hank, I'm glad they didn't decide to bring that into the films because it didn't really work in the comics anyway. They wanted to address a serious subject, but they never really spent enough time nor took enough of a stand to make a real statement about it, IMHO.

Last edited:
Mephisto should be fine so long as they don't go the "One More Day" route of having a hero blatantly and clearly make a deal with with in a completely out of character move. The pew jumping family values crowd doesn't have much social cache these days, and we've seen similar characters in all kinds of media over the past couple of decades with no major issues. Deal making devils/demons as antagonists is a pretty common media trope these days. And that scene at the end of the basement was pretty demonic looking already with skulls evocative of Baphomet on the wall amongst other imagery.

As to the other examples, they never directly adapted Demon in a Bottle but they absolutely took Stark's self destructive tendencies and made it a part of the character. And the Pym/Wasp spousal abuse thing just doesn't really fit in with what the MCU is. To be fair, the latter is mostly remembered as much as it is not because it was great writing but because of how weird and out of place it was.
I think it would work if Mephisto can disguise himself as anyone and uses their influence to manipulate people.

For example, he could come to Wanda, along with Agatha, as someone who Wanda may even know and trust. He tells her that Vision's body has been taken and is being turned into a weapon. Maybe even go as far as to say they are trying to bring back Ultron, which would piss her off even more. Go retrieve his body and Agatha here will help you keep him safe.

I think it would be really cool if Meph did this to a bunch of heroes for an entire phase and we don't see him in his true form years from now.

I have been avoiding the thread since Friday and I haven't waded through the last 5 pages of Spoiler Tags so I am not sure if this has been discussed. My daughter informed me that she re-watched the episode last night with Close Captioning on and she said that even when no one is speaking the CC shows Wanda's inner thoughts. Has anyone heard about or witnessed this?

EDIT - Also WTF is Agatha? What story arc is she a reference from?

EDIT - Also What the Fork! is Agatha? What story arc is she a reference from?

And ancient witch. Thousands of years old in the comics. Runs a coven. Has long been associated with Wanda as a mentor figure and sometimes foil.

Specific to this series, she would probably be most notable for turning over Wanda's kids to Mephisto as parts of his soul had been used to create them. Explaining Wanda's kids involves multiple decades of them not existing existing, not existing, then existing. It's super complicated.

And ancient witch. Thousands of years old in the comics. Runs a coven. Has long been associated with Wanda as a mentor figure and sometimes foil.

Specific to this series, she would probably be most notable for turning over Wanda's kids to Mephisto as parts of his soul had been used to create them. Explaining Wanda's kids involves multiple decades of them not existing existing, not existing, then existing. It's super complicated.

Thank you. I am not very familiar with the Wanda/Scarlett Witch story-arc other than I have heard of it.

My daughter informed me that she re-watched the episode last night with Close Captioning on and she said that even when no one is speaking the CC shows Wanda's inner thoughts. Has anyone heard about or witnessed this?
Ummm...what? Do I have to go back and watch all the episodes again now!?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom