TV WandaVision (4 Viewers)

The comment that the first 3 episodes were originally going to be released simultaneously, which would have made for a much different viewing experience. And as suspected by some here, covid changed the finale quite a bit becuase they did have deadlines and limited time to finish. I do think maybe Feige can work some of those unresolved plot lines into future movies or shows as well to sort of give us some resolution. I'm not really expecting it, but would be nice.

all of this makes perfect sense

it's Monday, so...but be aware that what follows is spoilery of you have not seen the last episode

it also seems that the engineer’s tease was 100% intended, but was getting worried when people suddenly expected Reed Richard to show up. A lot was left on the cutting room floor, so it may have originally had a bigger pay-off. They also confess that a lot of CGI edits were a bit awkward, as pointed out by Smith, as they had to finalize those post-lockdown. Monica was even originally going to have a bigger role in the finale, such as her, the kids, Ralph, and Darcy trying to steal the Darkhold from the basement. There we would find out that the bunny Scratchy was a demon. It was all filmed but they couldn’t finish the VFX for it.

There might be a lot more that got cut down. It is a shame to see their original vision get affected strongly by the ongoing pandemic. If they had the chance, I would hope they could add the missing sequences later in, as we saw with a correction in an episode of The Mandalorian. It explains why Darcy only had one line in the finale even though she was a major supporting character throughout the show.

Surprised nobody has mentioned the Wizard of OZ tribute scene. When Wanda hit Agatha with the car early in the fight all you see of Agatha is her smoking boots leaving you to think she is dead just like the wicked witch in the Wizard of OZ. Of course she wasn't dead but I loved the reference.
You mean the Wizard of Oz reference, which is a small throwback to Cap in Avengers, that was preceded by a throwback to Ironman in Civil War when she threw the car? Haha.

I actually turned to my kid after she had some of her power absorbed and said, she better get smart and throw a damn car at her like she was tossing them at iron man. Yes!

all of this makes perfect sense

it's Monday, so...but be aware that what follows is spoilery of you have not seen the last episode

it also seems that the engineer’s tease was 100% intended, but was getting worried when people suddenly expected Reed Richard to show up. A lot was left on the cutting room floor, so it may have originally had a bigger pay-off. They also confess that a lot of CGI edits were a bit awkward, as pointed out by Smith, as they had to finalize those post-lockdown. Monica was even originally going to have a bigger role in the finale, such as her, the kids, Ralph, and Darcy trying to steal the Darkhold from the basement. There we would find out that the bunny Scratchy was a demon. It was all filmed but they couldn’t finish the VFX for it.

There might be a lot more that got cut down. It is a shame to see their original vision get affected strongly by the ongoing pandemic. If they had the chance, I would hope they could add the missing sequences later in, as we saw with a correction in an episode of The Mandalorian. It explains why Darcy only had one line in the finale even though she was a major supporting character throughout the show.
What episode was corrected?

Am I the only one who thought when Woo called Cliff, we were getting a Hawkeye appearance?

I was 100% convinced we would see Hawkeye based on that line. In fact, I was shocked when he did not show up in the theater at the end, to recruit Monica to join the Avengers. I mentioned this to my wife, who unmercilessly mocked me and reminded me that his name is CLINT, not "Cliff". Major nerdfail.

interesting take that resonates with me to a certain degree: Wanda is/was a monster, Heyward was in the right.

A COVID-induced rushed finale might be part of the mix for sure.
But, this scene

“They’ll never know what you sacrificed for them,” says Monica Rambeau (Teyonah Parris), a secret agent turned friend of Wanda, in the final episode.

hit me at the time like "Wait, what? The people you've just kept under permanent psychic confinement for weeks(?) on end? They should be thanking her?"

interesting take that resonates with me to a certain degree: Wanda is/was a monster, Heyward was in the right.

A COVID-induced rushed finale might be part of the mix for sure.
But, this scene

hit me at the time like "Wait, what? The people you've just kept under permanent psychic confinement for weeks(?) on end? They should be thanking her?"

She never said that they should be thanking her just that they don't know what she's sacrificing to do the right thing.

She never said that they should be thanking her just that they don't know what she's sacrificing to do the right thing.

I doubt the citizens of Westview would view her giving up her self-made/imaginary family in an invented world they were forced to participate in as a sacrifice that was made for them.

Anyway I think it is a valid critique to say that as the season progressed it became clear Wanda was doing some pretty terrible things to the citizens of Westview to nurse her own personal losses, and at the end it's like "Hey - at least you beat Agnes!" Definite disconnect, especially given the entire set-up of Civil War - they even had "Lagos" as one of the TV commercials

I doubt the citizens of Westview would view her giving up her self-made/imaginary family in an invented world they were forced to participate in as a sacrifice that was made for them.

Anyway I think it is a valid critique to say that as the season progressed it became clear Wanda was doing some pretty terrible things to the citizens of Westview to nurse her own personal losses, and at the end it's like "Hey - at least you beat Agnes!" Definite disconnect, especially given the entire set-up of Civil War - they even had "Lagos" as one of the TV commercials

I wouldn't call them imaginary since they could kill you inside the hex.

I really can't get over how they just kinda glanced over what she did to the citizens. And then she tries to do it again, at least it's in the middle of nowhere this time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom