TV WandaVision (1 Viewer)

You hear her kids in the background signifying she was trying to bring them back.

We don't know what it means. I think she hears them and THEN is going to try to bring them back. I seriously doubt she's going to create another hex for them to live in. She's probably trying to find a way to bring them back without being limited in where they can go.

We don't know what it means. I think she hears them and THEN is going to try to bring them back. I seriously doubt she's going to create another hex for them to live in. She's probably trying to find a way to bring them back without being limited in where they can go.
Maybe, but I assumed that's why she went to a secluded area. (Which is assumed to be Mt Wundegore by some)

Maybe, but I assumed that's why she went to a secluded area. (Which is assumed to be Mt Wundegore by some)
i'm almost certain she went to a secluded area so that, in her continuing grief, innocent people wouldn't get caught up in her bull**** again, if it came to that
she said goodbye to her family, and meant it (as far as it seemed to me)
she's just reading the darkhold bc Agatha shocked her into this whole new realization (about witchcraft)
hearing the kids seemed a complete surprise

I doubt the citizens of Westview would view her giving up her self-made/imaginary family in an invented world they were forced to participate in as a sacrifice that was made for them.

Anyway I think it is a valid critique to say that as the season progressed it became clear Wanda was doing some pretty terrible things to the citizens of Westview to nurse her own personal losses, and at the end it's like "Hey - at least you beat Agnes!" Definite disconnect, especially given the entire set-up of Civil War - they even had "Lagos" as one of the TV commercials
so i can't really argue against anyone who wants to see Westview citizens as enslaved - they certainly are
but i don't know if it can be argued she set out to enslave anyone
- my read is that in a powerful expression of grief (like, psychotic expression) she was trying to imagine the life she and Vision could/(should?) have had - it's just that she has god power and can 'fix' her grief
and i think they want us to understand that she put herself under her own spell
she comes out of the hex and confronts Heyward (who was night 'right' in any way, shape or form) - but Agatha is the one who breaks Wanda out of her stupor
and then the battle was on
once the battle was done, i think Wanda had her own Trolley dilemma - she chose to 'sacrifice' her family instead of continuing to enslave the town
and look, if i had the power to save my family in exchange of making the EE a 24/7 modern dance troupe - y'all better start picking out your tights

so i can't really argue against anyone who wants to see Westview citizens as enslaved - they certainly are
- my read is that in a powerful expression of grief (like, psychotic expression) she was trying to imagine the life she and Vision could/(should?) have had - it's just that she has god power and can 'fix' her grief
she comes out of the hex and confronts Heyward (who was night 'right' in any way, shape or form) - but Agatha is the one who breaks Wanda out of her stupor
once the battle was done, i think Wanda had her own Trolley dilemma - she chose to 'sacrifice' her family instead of continuing to enslave the town
and look, if i had the power to save my family in exchange of making the EE a 24/7 modern dance troupe - y'all better start picking out your tights

Do my 80's parachute pants and breakdancing count? If so, it's on like Donkey Kong. :hihi:

Heyward is correct from the normal/law enforcement frame of reference. An entire town being held hostage by a superpowered person... that's a few thousand counts of aggravated kidnapping as a starting point. Again, seems like this is familiar territory for the MCU and the split between Cap and Stark, Wanda's own backstory/Lagos ...... and then it just got tied up in a bow with Heyward getting the cliched Scooby Doo perp walk and Wanda as the hero.

I would like to see what they would've done in the absence of COVID constraints.

Speaking of the Covid, and by extension, time constraints, I wonder what the series looks like with 15-20 episodes instead of just 9. I mean, think about the Netflix Marvel shows which were not only 13 episodes, but also had longer run times. I think with longer run times and maybe a more relaxed completion date, we get a better developed show and a more complete finale.

To be sure, I'm still pretty happy with the show, but I feel like we could have gotten another 5 episodes without losing much in the way of quality. Either that or longer run times.

I was 100% convinced we would see Hawkeye based on that line. In fact, I was shocked when he did not show up in the theater at the end, to recruit Monica to join the Avengers. I mentioned this to my wife, who unmercilessly mocked me and reminded me that his name is CLINT, not "Cliff". Major nerdfail.
I heard it as "Clint" originally -- did Woo say "Cliff"? Was also expecting Hawkeye to show up.

Speaking of the Covid, and by extension, time constraints, I wonder what the series looks like with 15-20 episodes instead of just 9. I mean, think about the Netflix Marvel shows which were not only 13 episodes, but also had longer run times. I think with longer run times and maybe a more relaxed completion date, we get a better developed show and a more complete finale.

To be sure, I'm still pretty happy with the show, but I feel like we could have gotten another 5 episodes without losing much in the way of quality. Either that or longer run times.
A big problem with the Netflix Marvel shows is that they often ran 55 minutes to an hour and went 13 episodes a season. WandaVision's 35-40 minute episodes/9-episode run is a better way to do it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom