Want to hear something to get your blood boiling? (1 Viewer)

He lost all respect from me when he stated, and I'm paraphrasing, "I don't see why anyone would eat Bread Pudding for desert. My definition of desert is something Light and refreshing." and then the host brings up things like triple-layer chocolate cake and the critic responds "Yes, but that doesn't fit my definition of desert."

he lost all respect from me when his first comment was, in response to "will food save new orleans?"

"I think food is the only reason TO save new orleans"

and then of course he goes on to bash our overrated food and our city in general.

Granted, I refuse to download the podcast, but this is my comment using Anderson's article:

How can a national Food Critic/"foodie"/journalist; A) not be bothered to find out the difference between Cajun and Creole food (even Hugh Wilson figured that out, and he's a Hollywood producer) and B)that Cajun food and culture are not part of New Orleans? Watched too many Denis Quaid films perhaps?

He probably thinks Emeril is from the Irish Channel and "Bam!" is just part of the NO lexicon.

I am constantly amazed with how little sympathy the (elite) in New York give the people of New Orleans. Of all people, New Yorkers should understand what NO has been through. Is the food here worse? I don't know, but I guarantee it's still better than anywhere else. (I'll take a Lucky Dog over their street vendors any day.)

What do they want? That we should recover as eloquently as they did after 9/11? Six blocks in the business district is not half of a city. Not to make light, but we're talking about TOTALLY DIFFERENT situations. Two of their buildings were attacked by terrorists. Half of the jewel of the US was underwater because of the incompetence of the Army Corpse of Engineers, and largely ignored by our government for 4 days.

Lord, I hate people.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom