Want to know why the Republicans will lose?

RebSaint

Lint smoker
Ratings
Because this Republican congress and the administration are drunk on power and have balooned the size and scope of the federal government beyond what people are comfortable with. Big deficit, spending out of control, expensive war, etc. Pork Barrel Energy Bill, Erosion of civil liberties via the Patriot Act. Not that the Democrats will do any better, but maybe gridlock will restore some sanity.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/10/27/poll.government/index.html

DadsDream

Super Bowl Dreams!
Ratings
Part of CNN's "Broken Government" series.

With a title like that, I'm sure it's got to be totally impartial, accurate and factual.

In a year in which American voters will make critical decisions on issues from the war on terror to scandal in Washington to an exploding national debt, CNN’s “Broken Government” examines all branches of government and explores how much of the system may be broken beyond repair. The series features reporting from Jack Cafferty, Ed Henry, Candy Crowley, John King, Jeff Greenfield and Jeffey Toobin.

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/broken.government/

UncleTrvlingJim

Administrator
Administrator
Super Moderator
VIP Contributor
Ratings
If the Dems don't put up some personally likeable candidates, they'll lose. Again.

Charisma>Competency
I think it would help more if they actually presented any ideas. Running on a "we're not Republicans" platform will only go so far.

DadsDream

Super Bowl Dreams!
Ratings
As long as we're looking at CNN's "Broken Government" series...

Poll: Voters doubt either party has plan
POSTED: 6:48 a.m. EDT, October 24, 2006

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Headed into the midterm elections, Americans are skeptical about whether either Democrats or Republicans have a clear plan to solve the country's problems, but more people think Democrats can provide stronger leadership, according to the results of a new CNN poll released Tuesday.

Asked if the Democrats had a clear plan, just 38 percent said they did, while 58 percent said they did not. Republicans fared worse, with 31 percent saying they had a clear plan and 67 percent saying they did not.

READ MORE
http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/10/24/poll.congress/

CNN "BROKEN GOVERNMENT" HOMEPAGE:
http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/broken.government/

On the Right, CNN's "Broken Government" series is being lambasted and lampooned as blatantly partisan:

CNN Poll Says Bush Failed: America Not Completely Fascist Yet
http://confederateyankee.mu.nu/archives/202046.php

CNN Reporter: ‘Many Say’ Bush Has ‘Stretched’ and ‘Trampled’ the Constitution
Posted by Scott Whitlock on October 26, 2006 - 16:23.

With a title like "Broken Government: Power Play," one could probably assume that the upcoming CNN special won’t be very fair to President Bush. But just in case there were any doubt...

Screen Capture from CNN's "Broken Government"

READ MORE

http://newsbusters.org/node/8623

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Administrator
Ratings
I think it would help more if they actually presented any ideas. Running on a "we're not Republicans" platform will only go so far.
Watching the debates I'm finding as individuals they have a lot of ideas, and some pretty good ones. I think what's hurting them is the current top of the Democrat food chain doesn't want to put any ideas out there for a variety of reasons. I don't know how much it's hurting them though. I used to think it did but the more I talk to people the more I'm finding people don't know what the Republican ideas are either so how could it hurt? Watching the Tennessee debate Ford Jr. was delivering idea after idea and plan after plan while Corker kept talking about what he wants to "find ways to do". "Find ways to do" is political speak for "I have no idea what I'm talking about". Still, Corker is probably going to win.

Who needs a plan with a modern electorate so easily swayed by BS. Dem's just need more appealing BS artist.

DadsDream

Super Bowl Dreams!
Ratings
Tennessee? You mean where Corker brought his kids into the campaign only to be embarassed by somebody finding his college-age daughter's FaceBook with pictures of her in a liplock with another girl? That race?

MEMPHIS COMMERCIAL APPEAL
Corker's having it both ways
Thomas Wendi C.
October 28, 2006

In one of Republican Bob Corker's latest campaign ads for the U.S. Senate race, he introduces his daughters, Emily, 17, and Julia, 18, who predictably gush about their daddy.
It's good for his wholesome, traditional, conservative Christian family image, but Julia's picture on the Facebook Web site, not so much.

On the site, you'll see Julia in a full-on lip lock with another blonde. A young man puckers up behind them, as if he's eager to make it a threesome.

READ MORE - SEE THE PICTURE
http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/local_columnists/article/0,2845,MCA_25341_5101929,00.html

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Administrator
Ratings
At least Ford is not exploiting it unlike the RNC who ran an ad so blatantly designed to race bait even Corker himself denounced the ad. It's got to be bad when your national committe runs an ad and the candidate denounces it. It served it's purpose though. Ford dropped about 4 points in the polls.

DadsDream CNN's "Broken Government" series = Democratic Party Infomercial

I agree! Dirty Ads have gotten out of hand. Whatever happen to vote for me because I can do this for you etc..etc...etc....
Instead so and so is this and that!

Two things I'm staying focus on: 1.) The Economy 2.) War on Terror: Staying on the offensive, don't want those bastages coming to the U.S.

DadsDream

Super Bowl Dreams!
Ratings
At least Ford is not exploiting it unlike the RNC who ran an ad so blatantly designed to race bait even Corker himself denounced the ad.
Well, I was hesitant to bring up that ad because it's so bigoted that I figured you'd be forced to delete it. :)

But, to be fair, I'll give it a shot and take my chances.

WONKETTE.COM
Tenn Senate Race
- RNC bigoted video ad
- Ford Crashed Corker's Press Conference
- Ford's brother arrested for DUI
- Corker's Daughter's FaceBook

Winner:
Corker. Unlike the threat of miscegenation, college girl-on-girl action probably appeals to most Tennessee voters. We’re calling this one for Bob.

Caution: Strong language:

http://www.wonkette.com/politics/bob-corker/tenn-senate-race-where-the-white-women-at-209733.php

MLU

National Signing Day Legend
Ratings
*sigh*

Win the Battle of Ideas, Battle of Ideas, Battle of Ideas, Battle of Ideas, Battle of Ideas, Battle of Ideas, Battle of Ideas, Battle of Ideas, Battle of Ideas, Battle of Ideas, Battle of Ideas, Battle of Ideas, Battle of Ideas... Pointing out the flaws of the other guy won't win you anything*.

*See National Elections in 2000, 2002, 2004

Taurus

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Ratings
They ran Mr Ideas in '04. Unfortunately, he lacked the personality to grab voter attention and flesh out his concepts in the bite-sized chunks Americans are willing to swallow.

Plus, he was a rich East Coast dandy who looked like Herman Munster.

tomwaits

Frontier Psychiatrist
Ratings
Dirty ads have always been around. Who was the presidential candidate that called his opponents mother a whore? I'll find out and post it if nobody knows off the top of their head.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.