Wanted: 'Marijuana-Dispensary Reviewer' (Pot Critic) (1 Viewer)

wamland

Sacrilicious
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
"Duuuuude. I just found you a totally awesome job: Westword, an alternative weekly in Denver, is looking for a freelance writer to review marijuana dispensaries. <table style="padding: 5px 15px 0pt 0pt;" align="left" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="1%"><tbody><tr><td>
hemp_plant.jpg
</td></tr><tr><td>
Photo by: Marc Fuya​
Expand your mind: Clinics offer more than just smokeable marijuana. They also offer pot-infused pesto, hummus and candy. Awesome.
<hr color="#c0c0c0" noshade="noshade" size="1"></td></tr></tbody></table>
Colorado is one of 13 states that allows the use of marijuana for medicinal purposes for patients who have cancer, HIV, glaucoma, muscle spasms and other conditions involving severe pain.
Marijuana dispensaries in those states offer a variety of products from the smokable type of marijuana to marijuana-infused pesto, hummus, candy and other products.
“The medical marijuana industry has exploded in Colorado,” said Patricia Calhoun, the editor of Westword. So, they’ve toyed with ways to "cover" the industry, including opening a medical-marijuana clinic in their building to help offset declining ad revenues that are plaguing the newspaper industry. (“The whole industry could be saved!” Calhoun quipped.)
Instead, they settled on doing weekly reviews of marijuana dispensaries in a feature called "Mile Highs and Lows." Calhoun likened the job to that of a food critic.
This position will require you to have a state medical-marijuana ID, so you'll either have to have one of those pre-existing conditions — or get one pretty quick."

http://www.cnbc.com/id/33121768

Did you read this part?..... "must provide own cheetos"

bummer, that could run into a lot of money!:jpshakehead:

I'll give you a hint Roach: States rights and the right to decide on matters like these, especially in more conservative states, notably the South. The ideals of more moderate politics or even liberal ones isn't one aren't digested as easily in Alabama and Mississippi compared to California, Nevada, or like here with Colorado. Texas in the mid-70's actually had it's legal age for purchase of alcohol at 18, that is, of course before the federal government in the late 70's and 80's got its boots back on and making others get back in line and with the program.

Even Louisiana, with its more populist past, still allows creationism as an alternative option to be taught at the middle school and high school levels IIRC.

I'll give you a hint Roach: States rights and the right to decide on matters like these, especially in more conservative states, notably the South. The ideals of more moderate politics or even liberal ones isn't one aren't digested as easily in Alabama and Mississippi compared to California, Nevada, or like here with Colorado. Texas in the mid-70's actually had it's legal age for purchase of alcohol at 18, that is, of course before the federal government in the late 70's and 80's got its boots back on and making others get back in line and with the program.

Even Louisiana, with its more populist past, still allows creationism as an alternative option to be taught at the middle school and high school levels IIRC.

:rolleyes:

/I see you already took the job

For all practical purposes, marijuana is nearly legal here in California.

It's not actually legal, but getting it now doesn't seem like it would be any easier if it was actually legal. I actually think the price has come down--though I'm not really an expert--it just seems that way from what I hear.

I think so many people have BS prescriptions now, and get pot from dispensaries, that cops don't seem like they even want to be bothered unless you are driving.

Just an FYI...marijuana is decriminalized in Mississippi. Possession of less than an ounce is a misdemeanor ticket.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom