War of the daisies (1 Viewer)

stevedrum

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Put yourself in this situation: Your team just won the BCS National Championship despite having two losses and a coach who may or may not have all his mental faculties about him. You're getting ready to sign a top-15 recruiting class, which is actually kind of a disappointment compared to the classes you've signed for the past few years. You didn't lose your possibly-insane head coach to Michigan, and you've got a crop full of 5-star recruits ready to fill in for all the players you're losing to the NFL this year.

http://blog.al.com/tidecorner/2008/01/war_of_the_daisies.html

Wow. Just Wow. Still can't let go of Saban.

Yea, every team has stupid fans.

bryanttatt.jpg

That's right, some scholars and gentlemen from Baton Rouge have decided it would just be a great idea to throw seeds of purple and gold flowers from moving vehicles along I-20/59 in Tuscaloosa.
that ingenious

why does this writer care so much about flowers anyways? I think it's pretty funny myself. haha but seriously, how sensitive do you have to be to get that upset over flowers? that article just made that prank 100000 times funnier. I mean, the dude is about to have a heart attack over flower seeds and a hat.

I sure hope no one told him about the ULM boards on the way to the independence bowl boasting of their victory... haha This guy would have a stroke!

I know, I think that was hilarious.

oh but this is one of the dumbest posts I have ever seen:
"Posted by 1amabala on 02/01/08 at 9:13AM
DFranchione - Like all you coon***es (and the barners) like to shed light that Bama's NC's are mythical - in regards to this statement -"Since you're unsure, LSWHO happens to be the only 2-time BCS champion." Sorry - USC really was the NC that year (AP says so) as they would have ripped you anyway - but you got lucky that you played OK who got plastered in their championship game. NCCA knew they made a mistake and changed the rules that if you played in a championship game - you had to win your championship before going to the BCS. So that NC is bogus. Ahh and this last NC is also a mythical championship you just won - you see you like you always disc Bama saying there were other teams that had a better record - well there was a bunch of them this time that had a better record than LSWHO - so the same reasoning that are NC are mythical / not real / tainted because other teams had better records those years - then heck LSU really hasn't won a true NC either. So your 2nd one is bogus also. Boy that sucks doesn't it DFranchione that LSU really hasn't won a NC in this decade - and heck, maybe that other one back 50 years ago probably isn't valid either. Go back to the swamps and your mobile home coon***. RTR"

Despite the plethora of spelling, syntax, and missused words, this dude's argument is rather...terrible.

First, I believe DF said that LSU was the only 2 time BCS champion and the guy says..NO USC won it, the AP says so. Um, but that isn't the BCS.

Second, NCCA?!? I had no idea the National Christian Counselors Association had anything to do with championship games. They may have changed some rules but hopefully they have no say in College Football, because Notre Dame and Boston College would win every year *shudders*.

So how many teams had a better record than LSU, I count 2. But Hawaii got plastered when they played a real team and Kansas played an extremely weak schedule too and failed to win their conference. I guess two must be a high number for the Tuscaloosa crowd. :hihi:

So yes, all teams have dumb fans, but I don't think this article brings to light any dumb thing LSU did because obviously the houndstooth hat and the daisies were meant to piss off the Elephants and they did. The only thing the article could say was make fun of a guy's name. Also, the daisies were planted back before LSU played Alabama, not after we won the championship.

Last edited:
Put yourself in this situation: Your team just won the BCS National Championship despite having two losses and a coach who may or may not have all his mental faculties about him. You're getting ready to sign a top-15 recruiting class, which is actually kind of a disappointment compared to the classes you've signed for the past few years. You didn't lose your possibly-insane head coach to Michigan, and you've got a crop full of 5-star recruits ready to fill in for all the players you're losing to the NFL this year.

http://blog.al.com/tidecorner/2008/01/war_of_the_daisies.html

Wow. Just Wow. Still can't let go of Saban.

Hey Steve. LSU's class isn't a disapointment at all. Here's a list of the average stars per recruit since 2002:

2002- 3.23
2003- 3.68
2004- 3.54
2005- 3.69
2006- 3.64
2007- 3.88
2008- 3.56* class not finished

Over the last 5 years, LSU's average star per recruit is about 3.65. Going into this year, everyone knew this was a down year in Louisiana. LSU got everyone they wanted in Louisiana and also probably got their best group of players out of Florida ever. Ranked #9 in Rivals and #7 in Scout right now and moving up after the last 3 commitments. Good class, and if you look at our 3-stars you'll see some good film and NFL measurables.

Also, LSU's defense this past year started 5 3-star recruits. This class is right on par with the classes Saban put together here, but if you're looking at Miles' classes it's just a bit lower. It's developing the talent that's most important though, and LSU's got one of the best strength and conditioning programs in the country.

I still don't see what the point of that pic is? Lots of people have tats are you saying everybody that has one is stupid?

Anyone who has a 3 foot tatoo of a dead college football coach on their back is stupid.

Or instructions on how to break your brother out of prison.

Alabama fans are the last people on earth who can point fingers at anyone obsessing over a previous coach. However, I don't feel that the actions of LSU fans towards Saban are really obsessing as much as they are rubbing his nose in it. I don't see what the hat has to do with obsessing over Saban either. They have played a few times before...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom