More than 15K posts served!
- May 14, 2002
- Reaction score
10 November? Happy Marine Corps Birthday!
Marine Corps Rules for Gun Fighting
1. Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring all of your friends who have guns.
2. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive.
3. Only hits count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.
4. If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast enough nor using cover correctly.
5. Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (Lateral and diagonal movement are preferred.)
6. If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a long gun and a friend with a long gun.
7. In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.
8. If you are not shooting, you should be communicating, reloading, and running.
9. Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting standards will be more dependent on "pucker factor" than the inherent accuracy of the gun.
10. Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
11. Always cheat; always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.
12. Have a plan.
13. Have a back-up plan, because the first one won't work.
14. Use cover or concealment as much as possible.
15. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.
16. Don't drop your guard.
17. Always tactical load and threat scan 360 degrees.
18. Watch their hands. Hands kill. In God we trust. Everyone else, keep your hands where I can see them.
19. Decide to be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOUGH.
20. The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.
21. Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
22. Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one.
23. Your number one option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
24. Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun, the caliber of which does not start with a "4."
Navy Rules for Gun fighting:
1. Go to Sea
2. Send the Marines
3. Drink Coffee
Orders most likely won't get it done. Take a copy of your EPR from when you were in country. That is the best proof.That one is not showing up on my virtual mpf, along with some others, would i just need to take my old orders to mpf to get this one updated??
I'm going to wear my good conduct medal with 2 boogers.
others= nothing special just commadation (sp?), expert marksman, etc.. one other that i cant think of besides the korean medal. I'll start hunting through my old paperwork to find proof i was in korea, My overseas short medal that i got from korea shows up. I was out of the military for about 5 years so everything has been screwed up, including pay date, years in service etc.. I've had to explain that a couple of hundred times.EPR, old LES, heck...if you pull your service history from VMPF that should be enough. What are some of the 'others'?
|Thread starter||Similar threads||Forum||Replies||Date|
|Saints, Sean Payton reportedly fined $350K total for failure to wear face coverings on sideline||Saints RSS News Feeds||0|
|Jon Gruden says he previously had COVID-19, is doing his best to wear a mask||Saints RSS News Feeds||0|