War vets urged to wear medals on V-Day (1 Viewer)

EPR, old LES, heck...if you pull your service history from VMPF that should be enough. What are some of the 'others'?

others= nothing special just commadation (sp?), expert marksman, etc.. one other that i cant think of besides the korean medal. I'll start hunting through my old paperwork to find proof i was in korea, My overseas short medal that i got from korea shows up. I was out of the military for about 5 years so everything has been screwed up, including pay date, years in service etc.. I've had to explain that a couple of hundred times.

Not sure when i'll wear blues but i would like to have everything up to date just in case.

EPR, old LES, heck...if you pull your service history from VMPF that should be enough. What are some of the 'others'?
It has been my experiance that service history won't get it, depending on who you see at the MPF of course.

others= nothing special just commadation (sp?), expert marksman, etc.. one other that i cant think of besides the korean medal. I'll start hunting through my old paperwork to find proof i was in korea, My overseas short medal that i got from korea shows up. I was out of the military for about 5 years so everything has been screwed up, including pay date, years in service etc.. I've had to explain that a couple of hundred times.

Not sure when i'll wear blues but i would like to have everything up to date just in case.
Nothing special just AF Commendation? Are you back on active duty or in the Guard/Reserves? I forget. If you're on AD, that Commendation is worth 3 points for promotion.

If you have your citation (which should have a copy of the orders in the binder with it), that's an easy one to take care of. Marksman...eh...just do it again at the range.

It has been my experiance that service history won't get it, depending on who you see at the MPF of course.
Yeah, it does depend on who you get. It still amazes me how dense some folks can be.

Nothing special just AF Commendation? Are you back on active duty or in the Guard/Reserves? I forget. If you're on AD, that Commendation is worth 3 points for promotion.

If you have your citation (which should have a copy of the orders in the binder with it), that's an easy one to take care of. Marksman...eh...just do it again at the range.

Air guard, so the commendation medal does no good for promotion, only thing that will help is if i have a brother in law in high places (which i dont)
I do have a copy of the orders and i have a copy for when i shot the gun. I'll take as much stuff as i can find over to MPF for the korean medal, some stuff was lost in the hurricane. thanks for the help.

The commendation medal was going up the chain as i separated, so i never saw it until after I was out.

btw: They just handed out medals for katrina this past weekend.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom