Warehouse District - Restaurants (1 Viewer)

Consigliere

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Obviously this is not the best time, but this is our chance to see the WW2 museum and its hotel, what's the best restaurant around there? Herbsaint, Annunciation, Cochon, other? Thanks!

Tons of stuff right there, I lived at the cotton mill for a few years and definitely put on some weight. Herbsaint would be my choice but you can't really go wrong with Cochon either. I know Herbsaint is pretty highly regarded but I still think its an underrated New Orleans restaurant. (the carbonara is one of my favorite dishes anywhere) Peche also nearby and should be in the discussion. I'm not a huge fan of annunciation but its pretty good and far from a bad choice.

Tons of stuff right there, I lived at the cotton mill for a few years and definitely put on some weight. Herbsaint would be my choice but you can't really go wrong with Cochon either. I know Herbsaint is pretty highly regarded but I still think its an underrated New Orleans restaurant. (the carbonara is one of my favorite dishes anywhere) Peche also nearby and should be in the discussion. I'm not a huge fan of annunciation but its pretty good and far from a bad choice.

Herbsaint is my favorite down there too. Get the crispy goat, if they have it. It's usually on the lunch menu.

Tons of stuff right there, I lived at the cotton mill for a few years

I lived across the street from the Cotton Mill, and embarrassingly , never made it to the WW2 museum, which is right next door. :covri: .. i know, i know

i DID, however, take advantage of a lot of the great food in the area.. in addition to what’s already been mentioned, we loved Carmo.. also Meril’s is decent.. and i used to get lunch from Cochon Butcher at least once a week.. talk about getting spoiled!

ETA: Willa Jean might be my favorite of all, which is really saying something.. i think i read recently that they shut down, hopefully just for Covid, and not for good

Another one that most people wouldnt think of as a traditional Warehosue Dist place, is Magazine Pizza... it’s right on the edge of the WD, underneath I10, and is (or was the last time i had it a couple yrs ago)- the best pizza i had in the City.

we loved Carmo

ETA: Willa Jean might be my favorite of all, which is really saying something.. i think i read recently that they shut down, hopefully just for Covid, and not for good
Willa Jean was printing money before covid and has pretty secure financiers behind it. I don't have any info from anyone since this all started but it's hard to imagine they wont be back.

Carmo is amazing, if any people who try to eat healthy haven't tried it yet they really need to. They pack a LOT of flavor and a lot of different textures into their salads

Another one that most people wouldnt think of as a traditional Warehosue Dist place, is Magazine Pizza... it’s right on the edge of the WD, underneath I10, and is (or was the last time i had it a couple yrs ago)- the best pizza i had in the City.

That place has changed hands a few times. It is now terrible.

That place has changed hands a few times. It is now terrible.

Ugh.. glad i added the qualifier.

Another thread a couple days ago mentioned all the restaurants in Lakeview that had moved, or closed, or changed hands.. is that getting more commonplace? Maybe it’s just the nostalgia talking, but it seems to me that there used to be a lot more stability in the New Orleans restaurant scene.

Compere Lapin
Desi Vega's
Emeril's
La Boca
Peche
Tomas Bistro

Not sure of the operating conditions of these, but they're all great

When I was living in the area I always forgot about La Boca until the day I wanted to go and then I could never get in because they were fully booked. Ive only been once but it was easily my favorite steakhouse in the city,

Always try to hit LaBoca when I'm in town. I've never had a bad meal there and I'm a sucker for the garlic fries.

But, to be honest, I actually preferred their previous location. Yeah, it was small and a tad cramped, but I just liked the atmosphere a little better. I know the owner moved into the new place when his Italian restaurant shut down, but I still preferred the smaller place. Obviously, the larger bar and increased number of tables were better for him at the new place.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom