Warford value set? (1 Viewer)

mjf504

Veteran
Reaction score
Redskins traded to 49ers Trent Williams OT for a 2020 5th and a 2021 3rd. What is Warford worth? I think he’s worth atleast a 3 or 4 next year and maybe a 6 this year.

At this point, why not hold on to Warford?

We have been devaluing him pretty hard, but he is still a pretty good player.

If we are trying to clear space for a contributor then I understand, but I don't want to just drop him for a 6th rounder and pretend we won the trade.

I’m cool with a 3 or 4 in 2021. We’re going to need lots of draft capital especially over the next 2-3 years to be in a position to snipe a QB.

if all we can get is a 6th this year, we’d be better off keeping War Daddy

Redskins traded to 49ers Trent Williams OT for a 2020 5th and a 2021 3rd. What is Warford worth? I think he’s worth atleast a 3 or 4 next year and maybe a 6 this year.
What a bargain for Niners. Why do the rich continue to get richer?

Willams is a top notch Left Tackle, while Warford is an average to below average Right Guard.

Comparing the two are off base.
warford might best be traded for another player rather than a draft pick

Agreed, also Warford counts for almost 13 mil against the cap on the last year of his deal...the Saints have very little leverage to get even a low round (6 or 7) pick would be a minor miracle.....

What a bargain for Niners. Why do the rich continue to get richer?

Not really, Trent is a great player when healthy....but he hasn't been healthy in a good while....maybe the rest helps him but he will be 32 in July (hey, he has the same birthday I do!!!)....I think even if he plays some, he will be in decline....Of course I could be wrong but that is my 2 cents.....

Williams hasn’t played football in over a year and Staley seems likely to retire.

It was definitely a nice move. But I think it’s more about them not having a gaping hole if/when Staley retires instead of being an actual upgrade

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom