Warlocks (1 Viewer)

zugzug

All-Pro
Reaction score
Warlock in Wow are a tad bit overpowered. What are your guys views on this?

They are just right.

Ignatius, 60 Warlock, Zangarmarsh

They are just right.

Ignatius, 60 Warlock, Zangarmarsh

Lol I wish they were just right. IMO fear is too overpowered. It should be like a warriors fear break on damage. There is no reason to allow one class to fear fear fear and dot you up durning that time. I take so much damage before that thing breaks. If you say it shouldnt break upon damage then shouldnt a warriors not break or a mages poly not break on damage. All those skills based on the same concept of crowd control.

they melt faces and I don't like em. Being a warrior, I see their overpoweredness on a daily basis. It seems like they target us no matter what.

Not overpowered, misunderstood. I think you don't like how our DoTs persist after our deaths, but remember they can be dispelled, and we've already paid our mana for them. Would you rather get a couple big fireblasts to your face and have the damage all at once, or have it spread over 18 seconds? If I specced into heavy destruction and melted you that way, would you still be complaining? Also, remember that fear is one of our few cc abilities, and there are pleny of trinkets to keep that in check too. If you're a warrior, why aren't you berserker stancing and just pounding locks into the ground?

I hate warlocks, mages and priest...if your a warrior you don't stand a chance.

lol the 'nerf warlocks' threads have finally made it to SR. Oh happy day.

Good points rokn. There are a thousand and one counters to fear in WoW. Fear is our only tool to get distance between us and an enemy to cast a spell. We dont have roots and traps and all that. We have fear. And seduce. If you happen to have the correct pet up.

Also, I love how wer'e so overpowered, yet we are the 2nd rarest class in the game, and always have been, right behind druids.

Once I hit 66 with my rogue (70 now) and got CoS, I took a lot of prior frustration out on any warlock I saw. That said though, WoW will never be equal as far as 1v1 PvP as it is balanced for PVE/group PvP. Pallys still pwn me hard and 'locks are starting to come around as far as working around CoS.

CoS has saved my bacon more times in Kharazan than against 'locks and Priests that's for sure and it's good to finally have something to lean on instead of bandages and pots when the healing is going to the tank.

Lets broaden this to a general class rant post :)

Wow, my warrior is a gimptastic gimp. I still like playing him because hes weak and hard. Just a few more levels til better gear, so maybe that will help.

Me and a RL friend, duoing, both low-mid 50s warriors. Its is brutal. Hilarious how much we die. Good thing I dont get mad when I die. Cause it happens A LOT lol.

Its like The Matrix. If I tell you, its like taking the red pill. Youll see just how far down the rabbit hole goes.

Take the blue pill.

Get rid of Deathcoil and I have no problems with you guys. Until then, I talk to no warlocks.

Get rid of Deathcoil and I have no problems with you guys. Until then, I talk to no warlocks.

Deathcoil is our one true escape mechanism from melee, unless you spec heavy into affliction; so take my deathcoil, but only if you also get rid of all the various melee stuns and intercepts. I only use it as a last resort myself.

Deathcoil is our one true escape mechanism from melee, unless you spec heavy into affliction; so take my deathcoil, but only if you also get rid of all the various melee stuns and intercepts. I only use it as a last resort myself.

Last resort? Man, that's the 99.9% opening shot I get. So before lvl 40 'locks are vulnerable?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom