Warning to SR poster regarding preseason games!! (1 Viewer)

bornnraisedwhodat

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
I know this isnt your first rodeo, but be warned, please do not overreact to preseason games!!

Every year, its the same story. Vanilla schemes, veteran players giving half effort, no game planning whatsoever, and we overract and think the sky is falling.

Remember last year? Is Drew Ok? Where is the deep ball? Our defense sucks!! (well that wasnt too far off). Where is Sproles?

Just be warned, these preseason games could be very ugly, but just pay attention to individual performances, specifically the young players. I remember I used to only watch the starters then change the channell, now I look forward to the 2nd and 3rd teams to see who is hungry out there.

Wait isn't preseason the end all do all predictor for the season...:hihi:

i honestly dont even care how the 1st string guys perform during preseason. i only watch them for the rookies/younger guys. honestly some games i start watching after halftime. but you are correct a lot of people freak out over nothing, but it is going to happen regardless so i will just be happy it is something football related and not bounties.

Actually, what I remember from last year is, "Did you see how our new d-line shredded the 49ers' protection? They'll never be any competition for us!"

So... point taken.

To be fair, preseason gave me hope when we were terrible for the 20 years I remember before Drew and Payton. I enjoyed my false optimism from preseason... And it just goes along with the pessimism too.

Actually, what I remember from last year is, "Did you see how our new d-line shredded the 49ers' protection? They'll never be any competition for us!"

So... point taken.

Our Defense looks absolutely like a dominant force in that first game, then came Houston and the Raiders where they just got steam rolled.

The offense was terrbile the first 2 games too, then Brees diced up the Raiders secondary.

Still love this shirt from the 0-16 season:

lions-preseason-champs-men-s-standard-weight-t-shirt-351.png

Preseason is eval period!! This is where I start to get ready to kick butts in fantasy football and get hyped for the season.

Thanks for the warning. :9:

I look forward to the overreaction/panic threads, actually.

I hope to god the 1st stringers come out and dominate with vengeance because I can't bear the idiocy that will come from espn and NFLN. When something negative about the saints comes up It ruins my chances of watching tv and keeping up on other teams and sports. When we lose I lay off tv for a week unless it was a good team, I don't need to hear any no Payton BS anymore.

Still love this shirt from the 0-16 season:

lions-preseason-champs-men-s-standard-weight-t-shirt-351.png

LOL...Best shirt ever & I have one. Wore it just to rub it in with one of my friends who is a diehard Lions fan.

Preseason overreaction and panic is practice for regular season gameday board.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom