Warren Moon sez Brady and Brees have lost arm strength [...just like him] (1 Viewer)

We saw it with Drew with that pick he threw in the first half of the playoff game against Minnesota. Under thrown bomb into double coverage. He's not going to get away with that anymore, and he has to play within himself in those situations.

Moon isn’t wrong. The guy knew how to play QB and was tremendous doing it. What we saw the last two ends of the season is what we will se this year again. The velocity on the passes is just not the same. While he may get the distance the velocity is such that CBs can get there on any route of any distance.

Wait I thought we were all in agreement that Brees HAS NOT lost zip on the ball?

[Moon] had a cannon back in the day. I met him at some youth camp thing in the Superdome right before the 1996 Super Bowl that was in New Orleans (between Green Bay and New England). Still upset that I dropped a pass from him... but got dang he put some pepper on it.
You know ... since he wasn't throwing to pros, Moon probably held back a bit on the zip, too. You probably dropped one of his softballs ... a Warren Moon softball, though. Not a "beer league at City Park" softball :D

Not really news that you lose strength as you age, but there are ways to delay the effects. From my strictly non-scientific observations, someone like Brees that has taken care of his body should be able to do most of the things he could at a younger age, but may have to limit the number of times he does those things.

As an aside, I just want to say that it is my opinion that any discussion about the best QB of all time that doesn't include the names Drew Brees and Warren Moon isn't worth my time.

Of course he has. Everybody sees it ... except some hardliners that will never see it.

harsh crowd. Yes, it is obvious. But since there have not been many who have treaded this water, the interview makes sense. And I really liked Moon. It is a shame he had to spend his career with the Oilers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom