Warrior Nun on Netflix (1 Viewer)

GrandAdmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone watching? I'm only on episode 4, but it's definitely an interesting series. It definitely has some touches to the various comics of the same name, but still very different.

Tell me more
Saw I advertised but kept scrolling

So it's not a direct recreation of the comic book, but basically the story of the series is about a young woman (17 or 18) who dies and is brought back to life by a biblical element in her back. It gives her powers and allows her to see demons etc. etc. It's starts out ok, gets a little dull in the middle, as other Netflix originals do, then picks up steam by the end of the season. Definitely worth watching.

BTW, if anyone is expecting it to be like the scantly-clad comic book, don't get your hopes up. This ain't it.

• 1Like
Reactions: MLU
So it's not a direct recreation of the comic book, but basically the story of the series is about a young woman (17 or 18) who dies and is brought back to life by a biblical element in her back. It gives her powers and allows her to see demons etc. etc. It's starts out ok, gets a little dull in the middle, as other Netflix originals do, then picks up steam by the end of the season. Definitely worth watching.

BTW, if anyone is expecting it to be like the scantly-clad comic book, don't get your hopes up. This ain't it.
What does this give you that a rewatch of Buffy would not?

We finished it early this morning. The final episode really leaves you hanging. We were really upset there wasn't another episode.

New faces. Better production value. Nuns.

This

We finished it early this morning. The final episode really leaves you hanging. We were really upset there wasn't another episode.

Agreed. I was like "Wait. What the hell?"

Also surprising...

Vincent's heel turn. I just knew that it would be Lilith at some point.

• 1Like
Reactions: MLU

Like the last episode of Designated Survivor. Ugh, there's so much more...but...the end. :rant:

Like the last episode of Designated Survivor. Ugh, there's so much more...but...the end. :rant:

Still P'Oed at that. No reason for Netflix to cancel it.

Still P'Oed at that. No reason for Netflix to cancel it.

Indeed, I enjoyed the show. One of the bigger letdowns by Netflix. Don't know if it was a money thing or low viewership, but it could have been a solid seasonal series. Oh well.

I think part of it is they killed off one of the anchors of the show, and it probably wouldn't have been the same.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom