Was last weeks KR coverage an aberration ?? (1 Viewer)

Caballero

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
here's the season stats so far

KICK RETURNS

Detroit - 5 for an average of 36 yds - long of 87 yds

Philly - 7 for an average of 25 yds - long of 63 yds (Maclin also had 1 for 7 yds)

Buffalo - 5 for an average of 22 - long of 30 yds

NYJ - 1 for 17 yds - long of..........17 (good kicking that day eh?)

NYG - 7 for an average of 32 - long of 68 yds

also consider we cooked up the fumbalaya at least twice on KRs right ??

overall our opponents are averaging 26.8 yards
Saints are averaging 22.1 yards

As awesome as this Saints team is playing right now and the D creating havoc, if we can just clean up the STs a bit we can give the D more chances to make big plays. Seems we have some good young talent to play STs so I have to think its gonna improve. But now that Morstead is a little banged up, we might miss the long boots for a game as well.

I think it was an aberration. The Kick Returner for the Giants is good. he had been injured the previous weeks and he was finally healthy. Sometimes you just have to give the other team some credit.

The kick coverage has been weak, and the Giants are a pretty solid return team. Hixon is awesome at returning kicks. We need to improve but we had our hands full last week.

Yeah, kick coverage hasn't been as good. Jenkins has been banged up. Hamilton was playing ST while Pierre was out and was pretty good on coverage. The Giants were using an illegal wedge that wasn't called for penalties. Lots of factors. To be honest, I think our ST coach needs to be chewed out for how poorly we're playing on ST. What's the point in Morstead kicking it that far if we're going to let them run it back?

Kick return/Punt return blocking has been a joke up to this point. I think we did excellent in pre-season. So what happened? Also kick off coverage is disastrous. No one is getting off there block , all I am seeing are a bunch of arm tackles. We all talk about how poorly Bush is doing on PR. It's hard to get something going if there are five defenders barreling down on you. F-in block someone, and Reggie will make something happen, guaranteed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom