Was our defensive line just as putrid as our offensive line today? (1 Viewer)

The DL sadly did not distinguish themselves on the field today. Way too many 3rd down conversions where we either got gashed or no pressure for Ryan. The worst performance by this usually outstanding line, including Cam who was absent most of the day.

If not, it wasn't too far behind.

Just goes to show you that football games are largely won and lost in the trenches.
They always have been.

Offensive geniuses have tendency to sometimes forget that when they want to win a certain way calling certain plays.

Yep. The thing that has made our defense great this year (getting pressure with only 3 or 4) was absent today.

I think we asked our D-Line to play contain on the running game/backs/edges and focused for the first half at least on erasing Julio and Ridley with safeties/extra men. I think it was pretty much our 5 on their 5 which usually leads to bad things since all it takes is one insecure gap and the RB can get into the secondary. The game plan seemed sound except for the complete lack of offensive line play which put our D on the field too much.

Yah what’s going on lately. They are just rushing 4 and we are not causing any pressure. I haven’t heard from Davenport in 3 games

I didn't focus on him every play but I did notice Davenport being singled a number of times today and he didn't make hay when he was. Very disappointed he hasn't turned into a consistent difference maker.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom