Saints Was Reggie Bush’s 40 yd dash (4.33) the FASTEST of any Saint ever drafted? 🤔 (1 Viewer)

I think Michael Lewis (Beerman) may have been faster than any of them. I remember an unofficial time of 4.22 FWIW.....

I love RB, he did have great quickness and speed....and what almost no one mentions about his game and why his career lasted as long as it did? Great in pass pro....loved the player....anything to win...

that said what he didn't have was elite power, instincts and field vision ....AK has those things....AK is what RB could have been had he been more sturdy in the lower body and had field vision....

Oh, I see you mean he was more important in Saints history? I suppose so but I would say PT was just as if not more important than RB during that run....

That last paragraph is insanity- Reggie could only operate in space, he ran top heavy, if anyone got their hands on him it was over
AK is a much better all around back
I agree AK is better all-around but Reggie had that "it" that very few players had. You knew he could take it to the house at any moment. Reg and PT are my favorite backfield.

I think Michael Lewis (Beerman) may have been faster than any of them. I remember an unofficial time of 4.22 FWIW.....

I love RB, he did have great quickness and speed....and what almost no one mentions about his game and why his career lasted as long as it did? Great in pass pro....loved the player....anything to win...

that said what he didn't have was elite power, instincts and field vision ....AK has those things....AK is what RB could have been had he been more sturdy in the lower body and had field vision....

Oh, I see you mean he was more important in Saints history? I suppose so but I would say PT was just as if not more important than RB during that run....

Usama Young is above Ceedy?
Not exactly… I have a ton of memories from the 2009 season alone where Reggie Bush did things that w/out question helped the Saints win many many games (BIG games)…

My biggest memory of Usama Young was when he entered the game in SB44, and Peyton Manning immediately attacked him and Pierre Garçon burned him for a TD.

I believe Tracy Porter ran a really fast time.
Edit: 4.37

Ken Crawley supposedly had a really bad day and ran a 4.4 after some thought he would come in sun 4.3.

Last edited:
i miss having devery and Meachem on field at the same time... i know corners and safeties don't.

fastest saint, i'd put with Beerman, but he wasn't drafted. remember playing the bears and was 4 seconds to halftime.. beerman caught it about 5yd from near sideline and had bears there, so he b lines straight across the field and went out with time left on the clock.
dude was fast and quick.

Incorrect.

Okay thanks. What do you think the reason could be that they don’t recognize the DS 40 time at the combine whenever they list the fastest times ever run? Chris Johnson’s 4.24 was always the time everybody was trying to beat until John Ross ran 4.22.

I can’t find a 40 time on him but I seem to remember Wes Chandler being pretty fast.

Okay thanks. What do you think the reason could be that they don’t recognize the DS 40 time at the combine whenever they list the fastest times ever run? Chris Johnson’s 4.24 was always the time everybody was trying to beat until John Ross ran 4.22.

Looks like the 4.22 is the unofficial "hand timed" time.

1642774669268.png

When you look up "official" time it's 4.29

1642774718828.png

Opponents feared Reggie, and hated the hype and press he got. That, and his small size made him the target of some of the most brutal hits I've ever seen.

Opponents feared Reggie, and hated the hype and press he got. That, and his small size made him the target of some of the most brutal hits I've ever seen.

Watching that Sheldon Brown hit on Reggie in the playoffs still makes me hurt every time I see it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom