Was Terry Bradshaw Right About Mike Tomlin? (2 Viewers)

I think it's an interesting case, because Tomlin obviously had the benefit of inheriting perhaps the best defensive coordinator in the NFL in Dick Lebeau. But, he also made the hire of Todd Haley (even if it was a pretty safe move). I think he lets his coaches coach and worries more about the in-game minutiae. I think he's got a pretty good track record and overall record. His players obviously love him. All signs point to him being a pretty good coach.

There's no shame in losing to Belichick and Brady...that being said I can't believe I have to root for these guys two weeks from now.

22 games against the Browns in his 11 years as head coach since we're throwing out stuff just because.

The same weak schedule can be said of Brady/Bellechick (sp). They haven't had to face one single viable QB in division the entire time they've been on this run. Not one. Easy to get HFA under those circumstances.

If we had a defense as good as the steelers, Sean would easily have more wins.

...and SP is responsible for the offense just like he is responsible for the defense, and the same goes for Tomlin. Im not sure what point you're trying to make here. Both Tomlin and SP are head coaches, and Tomlin has a better record w more CCG apesenaces in the same amount of time.

I hope everyone realizes that we are watching the very best Head Coach (Belicheck) to ever coach in the NFL. And quite possibly the best QB (Brady) to ever play the game. Their record says everything you need to know. Hard to beat that combination.

Tomlin is very good, but he can't match up to Belichick. Nobody can!

Coach Tomlin and his Steelers got out EVERYTHING tonight. Tonight it was a full blown “Blow Out”! This game tonight was raw and ridiculous to witness by anyone’s standards and NOT a representation of how Pitt plays the game at all. Coach Cowan didn’t perform at his peak and neither did his team. When you watch Bellick walk tell me you don’t detect a bit of JOHN WAYNE in his sauntering~! It seems to be natural and not put on at all so I’m saying there may be some real truth to the matter and the The ATL goes down hard and fast, the evening of the Super Bowl with New England winning it’s (what is it going to be now? Something like 5 or now.) So, let’s let it go at that and then take the next two from them as I see The SAINTS finishing out Drew’s tenure with us as the perennial SuperBowl Winner~!

I hope everyone realizes that we are watching the very best Head Coach (Belicheck) to ever coach in the NFL. And quite possibly the best QB (Brady) to ever play the game. Their record says everything you need to know. Hard to beat that combination.

Tomlin is very good, but he can't match up to Belichick. Nobody can!

This...and we need him to outcoach Atlanta in the SB. With his defensive juggernaut ability to take away a teams best player, coupled with the Brady/Josh Offensive team...man that's unstoppable. Josh turned down the SF invite to stay with Brady and Belichick....decided to remain part of something special.

Mike Tomlin 103-57
Sean Payton 94-66

Mike Tomlin works for a more structured organization, that enjoys stability but keep everyone at its place.

They also know when changes have to be made and are willing to sacrifice in order to allow continuity.

Payton is as good as coach as Tomlin, but limits have not been defined around here. Our peaks and valleys are more pronounced because we don't work based on long term plans.

Mike Tomlin 103-57
Sean Payton 94-66

While I think both Payton and Tomlin are good coaches, it's worth mentioning when looking at career records that Tomlin took over a Super Bowl winner, whereas Payton took over a complete rebuild.

He went against BB and the refs last night. That no fumble call on the Brady sneak was horrible and could have easily changed the complexion of the game. Not to mention the constant defensive and offensive holding that wasn't called at all. And by the way, I was pulling for the Patriots.

Mike Tomlin works for a more structured organization, that enjoys stability but keep everyone at its place.

They also know when changes have to be made and are willing to sacrifice in order to allow continuity.

Payton is as good as coach as Tomlin, but limits have not been defined around here. Our peaks and valleys are more pronounced because we don't work based on long term plans.

I think this is at least partially under the purview of the head coach, especially one with the power of Sean Payton.

Regardless, Tomlin is a very good coach. They have spent a few years stockpiling the talent on offense and reshuffling a defense that went from one of the most consistently dominant units in the league to a flat out bad defense - remember when Drew eviscerated them for 5 TDs at home in 2014? Now they're passable and it was enough to get them deep into the playoffs...but its insanely difficult to beat the Patriots at home in the playoffs.

The way they stayed consistently productive on offense while gradually improving the defense gives me a little hope for our situation in the coming season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom