Was the Saints offense THAT bad, or was the Ravens defense THAT good?

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Ratings
The Ravens D is that good. Its pratically impossible to run on them. It showed today.

Carolina's O didn't play any better against them then we did. They had alot of turnovesr too (Delhomme had 2 picks i think)....but the difference is Carolina's D was able to hold the ravens in check, we weren't.

LSSpam

Practice Squad
Ratings
We dropped 400 yards passing on them.

THE RAVENS DEFENSE IS WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE. IF YOU WANT TO CROWN THEIR A.....

Sorry ;)

No their defense wasn't that good. We got behind and stayed behind. Crazy stuff like what occured to us to begin the game occur in the NFL. It happens. This time we didn't get/make the plays we needed to settle things down and right the ship. All there is to it.

UncleTrvlingJim

Administrator
Administrator
Super Moderator
VIP Contributor
Ratings
Personally, I think the Raven's defense was the most significant factor in the game. I honestly don't think our offense was THAT bad.
Neither... the Saints had over 400 yards of offense, and 22 points. The Ravens defense is pretty susceptible, and the Saints offense was able to take advantage of it.

TnSaintsFan

Veteran
VIP Contributor
Ratings
That was one of the best defenses in the NFL. They had us gameplanned very well. Did you notice how well they covered our swing passes and attempted screens? It was almost like they knew what was coming. We just need to regroup and come out next week firing on all cylinders.

dat dam dog

Hall-of-Famer
Platinum VIP Contributor
Ratings
Neither... the Saints had over 400 yards of offense, and 22 points. The Ravens defense is pretty susceptible, and the Saints offense was able to take advantage of it.
I assume you are joking? If those guys are 'susceptible', I hope we never have to go against anybody who is tough.

ddd

Ratings
LOL, the Saints didn't show up and put themselves in a hole in the first half and the Ravens came to play. This team will rebound next week.

Saintster

Through Thick and Thin since 1986
Gold VIP Contributor
Ratings
We really killed ourselves with those penalties and turnovers. Against any good team like that you need to bring your A game. Look at the stats take the turnovers away we win easily. Heck take two away and we still win by one. Just wasn't our day today,we still had a chance late to get it together and win. We'll be back next week.

Saint77

Burrrrrrrsitis!
Ratings
I dunno Jim, I think we exposed a weakness in the deep middle against this team, but thats about it. thier defensive line and LBs caused just enough disruption to an already badly performing offense early on when it counted. They did hold our RBs to 35 yards total on the ground.

some of those yards were "garbage" yards, too.

LSSpam

Practice Squad
Ratings
I dunno Jim, I think we exposed a weakness in the deep middle against this team, but thats about it. thier defensive line and LBs caused just enough disruption to an already badly performing offense early on when it counted. They did hold our RBs to 35 yards total on the ground.

some of those yards were "garbage" yards, too.
We ran 10 times.

It's hard to take anything out of the game. We didn't run our normal offense because of how the game began. We never got back in it enough to ever get back to our gameplan.

OP
OP
Diddley Poo

Diddley Poo

Atlanta sucks!
Ratings
They held the Saints to what...20 something yards rushing and scored 2 defensive touchdowns. I'm not quite so sure that would be considered susceptible.

Dre

More than 15K posts served!
Ratings
I think they are a good D, but not the same as their SB team or even close. Today we were horrible. When the gameplan changed we had no chance.

UncleTrvlingJim

Administrator
Administrator
Super Moderator
VIP Contributor
Ratings
I'm not saying the Ravens defense isn't good, I just don't think they're great. And I'm not basing it off just this game... Carolina exposed their weakness against the long ball. The Saints further showed they were weak there.

Giving up 400 yards and 3 touchdowns is not the sign of a great defense, even when there is a big lead. The running stat was skewed b/c of turnovers early on... The Saints were able to pretty easily move the ball... it was a combination of dumb mistakes on the Saints part and good plays by the Ravens defense that prevented more Saints points.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.