Was the Saints offense THAT bad, or was the Ravens defense THAT good? (1 Viewer)

I'm not saying the Ravens defense isn't good, I just don't think they're great. And I'm not basing it off just this game... Carolina exposed their weakness against the long ball. The Saints further showed they were weak there.

Giving up 400 yards and 3 touchdowns is not the sign of a great defense, even when there is a big lead. The running stat was skewed b/c of turnovers early on... The Saints were able to pretty easily move the ball... it was a combination of dumb mistakes on the Saints part and good plays by the Ravens defense that prevented more Saints points.

Give the Ravens some credit but the Saints gave this game away because we played better against a Panthers team and they beat the Ravens.

Baltimore is arguably the best defense in the NFL. The year they won the Super Bowl they were arguably one of the top 5 defenses ever. This defense ins't nearly that good, but they are still one of the 2 or 3 best in the NFL.

I mean look at the state:
3rd in yards per game
2nd in yards per play
2nd in first downs per game
2nd in turnovers created
1st in interceptions
3rd in scoring defense

That was one of the best defenses in the NFL. They had us gameplanned very well. Did you notice how well they covered our swing passes and attempted screens? It was almost like they knew what was coming. We just need to regroup and come out next week firing on all cylinders.

Exactly. The Ravens D is as good, if not better than Carolina's D. I need no further proof then our very own coaches who were completely outcoached today because of their respect for Baltimore's D. Sure, they are not as good as the their Super Bowl D, but they are a Top 5 defense. And as far as us getting 400+ yds, please, most of that was garbage.

The Ravens D IS THAT GOOD and our O WAS THAT BAD. Get over the running game. When your down by 87,000 points you can't run the ball. When you have control of the game (we had it the first 5 minutes) then you can run the ball. The RAVENS took advantage of everythng we gave them (and we gave them a WHOLE LOT). Ravens deserved the win.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom