Washer/dryer combos (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Anybody have one of these? I had one in an apartment in DC back in 2006 but I don't remember anything about it. We have full-size laundry upstairs but we have a mud room off the kitchen that could easily accommodate a 24" appliance and the wife thinks one of these would be helpful for kitchen and other laundry coming in from outside (mostly kid stuff).

The biggest drawback I have read is that they tend to take a long time. As this is basically a secondary unit, I'm not that concerned about time.

Remya-Jose-%E2%80%93-Mechanical-Washing-Machine-205x300.jpg

I'm a delivery driver for Lowe's, the combo units are okay, the big issues are the time it takes to complete a load, the capacity of the washer, and if one unit breaks the entire combo unit may as well be useless.

I'm a delivery driver for Lowe's, the combo units are okay, the big issues are the time it takes to complete a load, the capacity of the washer, and if one unit breaks the entire combo unit may as well be useless.

Thanks Rick.

Get yourself a SpeedQueen washer/dryer. Its the only 'real' washer left out there!!!

Like your parents/grandparents used.

Not even kidding, if you see a Samsung one check out the recall list. Apparently they now have exploding washers that are catching on fire too.

We have a stackable, GE I think, and it's serviceable. They would be fine as a secondary washer. They are usually too small to be your main washer.

I had a Speed Queen stackable in my old house from the mid 80's that was still going strong into the 2000s..

Stay away from Samsungs and LG's if the have stackables... They make awesome tv's, but crap for appliances..

I do have the height, but it is basically a mud-room between the kitchen and the garage. The room is there, but a single unit a countertop level would lend to a far more open feel in the space.

How much time do you spend in the mud room enjoying the feeling of space?

What's more important, functionality, price, speed of cycles, ease of repair, looks?

How much time do you spend in the mud room enjoying the feeling of space?

What's more important, functionality, price, speed of cycles, ease of repair, looks?

Walk through there multiple times a day. It's right off the kitchen where we spend a lot of time. I think aesthetic concerns about not over-crowding the space are fair.

Yes, I have one -

I live in a studio in Denver with one of these things and I have to say, it's terrible.

It takes 7 hours to wash/dry one load of clothes. And the lint? I have no idea where it goes. It has to go somewhere... but I can't find a lint trap on this thing to save my life.

Yes, I have one -

I live in a studio in Denver with one of these things and I have to say, it's terrible.

It takes 7 hours to wash/dry one load of clothes. And the lint? I have no idea where it goes. It has to go somewhere... but I can't find a lint trap on this thing to save my life.

Lint gnomes?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom