Washington Redskins announce they'll retire team name and logo (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
holy sheet you just got full triggered over me sharing a harmless story about memories of the Braves.
And you are wrong, they were pressured to get rid of him in ‘85 due to political correctness. Not for more seats. He was a beloved mascot . You are reading revised facts. Your name is fitting.

So the New York Times revised the facts in real time?

It actually sounds like the "revised facts" part comes later and involves the "political preasure"

So the New York Times revised the facts in real time?

Yes. It happens multiple times every day in every news cycle. Even back then you had to find just cause to fire a minority. You couldn’t just fire a Native American for portraying a Native American. Everyone knew why he was fired. Because they were pressured to remove him.

years later he asked numerous times to return to the team when they were making the playoffs and World Series consistently.

I wasn’t sharing the story to justify the name “Redskins”. I was just responding to Saint Kamara who messaged how he wanted to keep the Braves mascot. I was sharing how much I enjoyed Nokahoma as a kid.

holy sheet you just got full triggered over me sharing a harmless story about memories of the Braves.
And you are wrong, they were pressured to get rid of him in ‘85 due to political correctness. Not for more seats. He was a beloved mascot . You are reading revised facts. Your name is fitting.

I’m not triggered at all, although you tossing out empty buzzwords doesn’t surprise me at all.

I’m simply shocked at how much you’ll bend and how low you’ll sink to stick up for this name. It’s gotten ridiculous at this point.

Every single one of your points has been debunked in this longer thread:

and if that's too much reading the Daily Show video sums it up nicely:

The Daily Show is satire and at one time was comedy. It’s now being used as a legitimate source. Completely insane.

I’m not triggered at all, although you tossing out empty buzzwords doesn’t surprise me at all.

I’m simply shocked at how much you’ll bend and how low you’ll sink to stick up for this name. It’s gotten ridiculous at this point.
So are you upset at the use of what you consider empty buzzwords. I apologize for that. Not for speaking the truth, which isn’t always supported by “facts”

It’s also blatantly obvious you have zero clue what you are arguing and plagiarized an old article or two. I read the same article after posting and you did all but copy and paste it in your own words. Grade D-

The Daily Show is satire and at one time was comedy. It’s now being used as a legitimate source. Completely insane.
That sketch does bring to light how inappropriate that name is. And it’s been inappropriate for decades.
You don’t get that reaction with Cowboys, Vikings, 49ers or Saints.

Doesn't make the material they presented any less true. Also the poster I was responding to used a video to defend his point from the guy that brought us this :

Burguiere added bits to the Glenn Beck Program, posing as callers such as the Obama advisor "Honkey Whitesville", a parody of real-life Obama advisor Jason Furman and "Wilfred from Sun City, Florida".

It’s also blatantly obvious you have zero clue what you are arguing and plagiarized an old article or two. I read the same article after posting and you did all but copy and paste it in your own words. Grade D-

I don’t think you know what plagiarism is and I do not know what article you’re talking about that you think I copy & pasted. More ridiculousness.

I see that you are hanging around, clowning everything. Would you like to attempt to back up your accusation?

Last edited:
You know it is coming, welcome to woke society, everything I look at is offensive. Such a sad life to live literally offended by everything.
It isn’t the result of “woke society,” this has been a long time coming. Literally no other names are being scrutinized except the ones related to Native Americans.

Perhaps. What mascot can you possibly invent in this day and age that someone won’t tweet about how they find it offensive in some form. No matter what they choose, short of some generic animal name, they will catch heat.

Yeah, it's so hard to not name your team something racist. I don't know how the other thousands of sports organizations do it.

I have never had privilege of any kind. I had to work full time while I went to college that I paid for by the way without handouts from the government or even my parents. Everything I have I bought with money I worked my arse off for. The privileges that you enjoy comes from generations of my family fighting in wars for it so when you say I enjoy privilege that this country has given me just be clear that privilege was payed for in the blood of men in my family. White privilege is a phrase used by this young “woke” crowd and is total bs. There is no one alive today that either was a slave or owned slaves. The only people that are being held back in today’s society are the ones from all races who are just too damn lazy to work for what they want.
I don't agree with this fully. I do believe in the white privilege thing to an extent, but unfortunately, it's being played up big time with our "woke" friends. Work hard and have drive. It's simple. The only thing holding anyone back is themselves or our "woke" friends telling them they don't have a chance with A unless B happens. A good foundation is required though. Starting with two parent households. The statistics for children with fatherless homes is staggering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom