Wasting your TAX $$ Clemens vers the tax payers... (1 Viewer)

Do you care if Roger Clemens took steroids ???

• I couldent care less .. his life his problem..

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • I think its important to find the truth for the sake of history ..

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Baseball is more important than life and death issues

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Congress has more important things to worry about....

Votes: 30 69.8%

• Total voters

hammernnails

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Do you actuall give a crap if Rodger Clemens took steroids???? I just cant understand why the the federal goverment is getting involved in this ..... American blood is being shed in Iraq ...... the damage from Katrina still not properly addressed ... the power grid in the north east is outdated and on the verge of failure ...and the front page of the news papers is headlined by this idiotic witch hunt....

i take it you don't think roger did it....i hope you said the same thing when they did this to barry bonds, they even put a dude in jail because he wouldn't say he gave it to barry.....but guess what roger's wife did it(she said so) roger's best friend and work out buddy andy pettot did it(he said so) and roger did it...he's a cheater just like bill belicheck.

Okay I understand that yes there are bigger, more pressing needs than Roger Clements cheating but don't brush it off as an idiotic witch hunt. Baseball (and sports in general) pose huuuuuge huge huge interstate commerce questions and Congress more so than any governmental entity has a duty to ensure that games that are presented as being real/fair actually are. Since the commissioner showed absolutely no signs of actually taking charge of the issue, someone had to.

I don't see where he said anything about whether or not he thought Roger did it, just that he thought it was a waste of money for congress to focus on it. I mean seriously, there's got to be more serious issues for the congress to focus on than whether or not a single pitcher in a kid's game turned professional took steroids... give me a break here.

i take it you don't think roger did it....i hope you said the same thing when they did this to barry bonds, they even put a dude in jail because he wouldn't say he gave it to barry.....but guess what roger's wife did it(she said so) roger's best friend and work out buddy andy pettot did it(he said so) and roger did it...he's a cheater just like bill belicheck.

I couldnt care less!!!...... I am sure he did it.... but I am ****** that our fed govt is wasting time effort and energy on this!! .. baseball needs to police their own!! I dont want to have to pay for this garbage!! Clemens means nothing to me and steroids in baseball means nothing to me... my tax money spent on this crap does mean something to me!! Spend this money on something that matters to society...

Spend this money on something that matters to society...
Unfortunately one of the pitfalls of living in an organized society is that everyone doesn't want all the same things. I could say the same about a stupid war, or paying farmers not to farm, or research in ethanol-based energy or countless other whatevers but somebody somewhere cares about it and our government is set up to touch all of the bases. (pun intended).

I couldnt care less!!!...... I am sure he did it.... but I am ****** that our fed govt is wasting time effort and energy on this!! .. baseball needs to police their own!! I dont want to have to pay for this garbage!! Clemens means nothing to me and steroids in baseball means nothing to me... my tax money spent on this crap does mean something to me!! Spend this money on something that matters to society...

my bad dude, i agree there are wayyyyy more pressing needs in this country than going after atheletes.... but by you calling it a "witch hunt" lead me to believe that was another one of those"even though there's all kind of evidence roger didn't do it at all cost" posts.

Unfortunately one of the pitfalls of living in an organized society is that everyone doesn't want all the same things. I could say the same about a stupid war, or paying farmers not to farm, or research in ethanol-based energy or countless other whatevers but somebody somewhere cares about it and our government is set up to touch all of the bases. (pun intended).

Good point but ... in a time of war and economic insecurity... does this actually have a place taking up time of our nations highest law makers scheduals.... I say throw it in the lap od Pro Baseball .... let them foot the bill.. I invision them sitting back and laughing that society is footing the bill for their "leagal issues".. I guess there are people that care enough to make it a "national problem" but to take it to the congressional level is just simply a waste of tax payers $$$$...

First of all, it's pathetic the way all these athletes, incuding Clemens are lying thru their teeth.

That being said,I think congress has a responsibility to treat steroids offenses seriously for the sake of youth awareness, just like any other drug. While the attention shown to Clemens is disproportionate from a legal standpoint, I'm confident that from a cultural standpoint these hearings are raising awareness about steroids and making it crystal clear to kids that NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE, even the #1 player in a sport, you're going to be held accountable for drug use. Of course if Bush pardons the offenders it's all for naught. Also, Congress gets very angry if you lie under oath. Unless you're a congressman....

Last edited:
I dont understand the opposition to maintaining the integrity of our professional sports. These are multi billion dollar industries where fairness in competition is of extreme importance. I fully support congressional investigations into anti competitive practices or cheating.

All of you complaining that this isnt worth the time, try to imagine a future where all professional sports are corrupted by cheating and drug use. NBA, NFL, and MLB will all be destroyed, tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands of jobs lost. This is important, its a huge part of the American economy and American culture.

I dont understand the opposition to maintaining the integrity of our professional sports. These are multi billion dollar industries where fairness in competition is of extreme importance. I fully support congressional investigations into anti competitive practices or cheating.

All of you complaining that this isnt worth the time, try to imagine a future where all professional sports are corrupted by cheating and drug use. NBA, NFL, and MLB will all be destroyed, tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands of jobs lost. This is important, its a huge part of the American economy and American culture.

Well, baseball is just a sport. Other multi billion dollar companies have more impact on society when they commit their crimes. Steroids may be cheating, but it's not taking our jobs away. It's not causing your 401K to nose dive. It's just individuals that are hurting themselves and eventually their team.

I equate these hearings on steroids in Congress to be nothing more than trying to bust a CEO doing coke on the job.

Until it impacts society, Congress should stick to more important issues. We're paying this bill when we aren't directly affected as a society except for emotionally. When it impacts us financially, then call Congress.

If Roger would have just let the report be instead of putting on his big show all this would be long gone by this time and he would not have anything to worry about.

Now he's made the mountain out of a mole hill, drug his wife into the mix, and he could face a perjury investigation. Think he wants a do over?

If Roger would have just let the report be instead of putting on his big show all this would be long gone by this time and he would not have anything to worry about.

Now he's made the mountain out of a mole hill, drug his wife into the mix, and he could face a perjury investigation. Think he wants a do over?

he just did roids before....... now he lied under oath... what an idiot!! He may see jail time now... and MY MONEY may/will jail this idiot... I dont care if he did crack... I dont want to pay for his trial....let pro baseball pay for this..

And yet, the man was destined for the HOF before the roids.

Guilty or not, liar or not, I still think Rog is one of the best pitchers of the modern era and this doesn't change that for me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom