Watch recommendations (2 Viewers)

Bayouboy

Football Genius
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
I'm in the market for a nice mens watch. I haven't worn a watch on my wrist for over twenty five years, but I think I want one to "look cool" when dressing up a bit. There are an infinite amount of choices out there, so I thought I'd poll my peeps. Looking for style, not necessarily function. What cha got?

Yatman

threadkiller
Reaction score
Don't like to carry my phone all the time, and even with it I'll wear a watch.

Luminox traveler for daily. Time zone bezel helps on distant trips.

B & M for dressy. Thing is the thickness of two stacked quarters.

And a G-Shock for bashing. Too ugly to show with all the other beauties in this thread.

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score

mc4saints

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
the seiko “standard” skx007 is always a great choice too.
Absolutely is! I chose the other one simply because it looked different than my Omega Seamaster 300m quartz. I picked up used years ago for well under $1000. I chose quartz for 2 reasons. 1. Price. 2. Nostalgia. (It was the 1st Omega ever worn in a James Bond film. It was a quartz in the film, not an Auto)

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
my latest addition (well, April 2018) is a mid 50s jaeger lecoultre memovox, one of the greatest, and iconic, watches of all time.

9C91F184-9DB6-413B-AEC8-96F33F7C1D57.jpeg

this is my third jlc and i forking love their craftsmanship.

fork it. i’ll show off the collection later. it gets my pants to pop a tent.

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Absolutely is! I chose the other one simply because it looked different than my Omega Seamaster 300m quartz. I picked up used years ago for well under $1000. I chose quartz for 2 reasons. 1. Price. 2. Nostalgia. (It was the 1st Omega ever worn in a James Bond film. It was a quartz in the film, not an Auto)

i love you.

i have the exact same watch, “the goldeneye”. i don’t know why i own anything else since it is all i wear.

DavidM

Admin Emeritus
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If anyone is looking for a beater automatic that you can dive with. Pick up a Seiko Orange Monster off ebay. Mine has taken a beating and it is good to go. Here is a pretty nice example. https://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-Seiko-7S26-0350-Orange-Dial-Monster-Diver-Watch-SS-Automatic-Day-Date/293081287373?hash=item443d018acd:g:jzQAAOSwuI9c05aI
I have a Black Monster on the steel band (in hindsight, wish I'd gone with orange) but I love it all the same. Rugged but comfortable, keeps accurate time, and has come to have iconic status in watch communities.

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I have a Black Monster on the steel band (in hindsight, wish I'd gone with orange) but I love it all the same. Rugged but comfortable, keeps accurate time, and has come to have iconic status in watch communities.
i had a seiko mmp (tuna), but that thing looked like i had flava flav’s clock on my wrist and was a workout to lift my arm.

mc4saints

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
my latest addition (well, April 2018) is a mid 50s jaeger lecoultre memovox, one of the greatest, and iconic, watches of all time.

9C91F184-9DB6-413B-AEC8-96F33F7C1D57.jpeg

this is my third jlc and i forking love their craftsmanship.

fork it. i’ll show off the collection later. it gets my pants to pop a tent.
Awesome! Can't wait to see the collection! I am sure you have multiple Android and Apple watches in it. :LOL: I have a poor mans collection. My 2 most extravagant pieces are the Omega and Orange Monster. College funds and bills seem to get in the way!

mc4saints

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
i had a seiko mmp (tuna), but that thing looked like i had flava flav’s clock on my wrist and was a workout to lift my arm.
I thought that watch was only used for arm lengthening.

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Awesome! Can't wait to see the collection! I am sure you have multiple Android and Apple watches in it. :LOL: I have a poor mans collection. My 2 most extravagant pieces are the Omega and Orange Monster. College funds and bills seem to get in the way!
i own one digital (well a gshock too somewhere, or its lost hah) and it is a timex ironman exactly like the one chuck norris wore in the expendables 3. yes, it was an intentional purchase.

DavidM

Admin Emeritus
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Lol. I can relate. The Monster is chunky looking without being big.

I bought a small shop dive watch a few years ago (Boschett), and while I like the watch and it seems to have solid build quality, the lug to lug height is borderline on me, so the watch has spent most of its time on a winder.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom