Watch recommendations (1 Viewer)

Bayouboy

Football Genius
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
I'm in the market for a nice mens watch. I haven't worn a watch on my wrist for over twenty five years, but I think I want one to "look cool" when dressing up a bit. There are an infinite amount of choices out there, so I thought I'd poll my peeps. Looking for style, not necessarily function. What cha got?

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I’ve been thinking about pulling the trigger on a Speedy Pro for a few years now, but I haven’t, because it’s a lot of money for a watch, and i’m afraid i’d change my mind after i bought it.. i love the history, but it doesnt have a lot of water resilience .. if i spend that much on a watch , i want it to be a ‘lifetime watch’, that i can wear anywhere and not worry about it getting wet.. it’s worth noting also that you can get it at a significant discount on the grey market, such as Amazon, but without the full manufacturer’s warranty.
my brother bought one a few months ago. he went with the non-classic speedmaster, the automatic. nice watch. i just prefer the original manual wind.

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
my brother bought one a few months ago. he went with the non-classic speedmaster, the automatic. nice watch. i just prefer the original manual wind.
My lovely wife was nice enough to get me this one for father's day. I've never seen one like it, but I do like it.
20190718_081343.jpg

Yatman

threadkiller
Reaction score
What do you watchficionados (looking at you, zeetes) think about Slow watches?

Something very zen about the single hand. Also makes time appear to last longer for us autumn chickens. :cool:

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
What do you watchficionados (looking at you, zeetes) think about Slow watches?

Something very zen about the single hand. Also makes time appear to last longer for us autumn chickens. :cool:
actually i think they are pretty cool to be honest. seem to be well made too.

i want a slow jo at some point.

keep an eye on drop.com, they frequently have them on "mass orders"

Reaction score
Oh lordy, I just saw this gem today.

Moonphase with a dial face made of vantablack, the blackest material created by science. Only 35k. Looks like I'll be saving up for this guy,

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
i want a tourbillion sooo bad. the movements are incredibly complicated and awesome.
I'm saving my pennies for a new boat. There's a 50' G&S that's going to hit the market later this year that's a spectacular fishing boat. It'll run 12 knots in reverse and damn near plane chasing marlin backwards. I'll stick to my Tags and other cheapies!

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I have had my eye on this for awhile and just pulled the trigger. Self winding automatic

8E2A9334_1920x.jpg
i am a big fan of the german watches.
I'm saving my pennies for a new boat. There's a 50' G&S that's going to hit the market later this year that's a spectacular fishing boat. It'll run 12 knots in reverse and damn near plane chasing marlin backwards. I'll stick to my Tags and other cheapies!
i am a boring person and would rather sit at home and be dumb.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom