Watch recommendations (4 Viewers)

the grey is really money. thats a good looking timepiece and up to 100m water resistant ( anything at/over 100m is truly good for immersion in a pool etc )

Thanks for the link as this may be Fathers Day asking gift. lol.

So I decided I wanted to get the grey alarm model with the silicone strap. I noticed there were only 3 left (LIV apparently does limited runs on each model), so I went ahead an ordered it a few days ago. (They have 90 day easy returns).

It came today and I have to say I'm impressed. Everything about the watch seems quality - it is really weighty and sturdy, the sapphire crystal, "3-d" depth in the face, movement, and setting features all feel like a high-quality, pricey watch. The movement is Ronda 4120.B (Swiss) and the same exact movement that Tag uses on its lower end sports watches (also Constant uses it). The assembly is in Germany. Note that the automatic LIV watches are fully Swiss Made.

And with 10% off, I got it for $330 - which just seems to me to be outstanding value for what you get. I was after a nice-looking, not too expensive but quality sport watch to wear on weekends in the summer and to travel with, and I think this is clearly a winner. I like the company, might have to get another one at some point.

The watch is actually very similar to the Tag Formula 1 alarm model. I found this article comparing the two watches.
https://www.tagheuerreviews.com/tag-heuer-formula-1-analog-alarm-vs-liv-watches-gx-alarm/reviews/

Head-to-Head

The table below compares select specifications for each watch. Aside from using the same movement, the similarities continue.

SpecificationsTag HeuerLIV Watches
Case diameter41 mm43 mm
Water resistance200 meters/600 feet100 meters/300 feet
Screw down crownYesYes
Screw down case backNoYes
316L stainless steel case and braceletYesYes
High grade anti-reflective sapphire crystalYesYes
3D multi-layer dialNoYes
Warranty2 years5 years
MSRP$1400.00$360.00

Last edited:
So I decided I wanted to get the grey alarm model with the silicone strap. I noticed there were only 3 left (LIV apparently does limited runs on each model), so I went ahead an ordered it a few days ago. (They have 90 day easy returns).

It came today and I have to say I'm impressed. Everything about the watch seems quality - it is really weighty and sturdy, the sapphire crystal, "3-d" depth in the face, movement, and setting features all feel like a high-quality, pricey watch. The movement is Ronda 4120.B (Swiss) and the same exact movement that Tag uses on its lower end sports watches (also Constant uses it). The assembly is in Germany. Note that the automatic LIV watches are fully Swiss Made.

And with 10% off, I got it for $330 - which just seems to me to be outstanding value for what you get. I was after a nice-looking, not too expensive but quality sport watch to wear on weekends in the summer and to travel with, and I think this is clearly a winner. I like the company, might have to get another one at some point.

The watch is actually very similar to the Tag Formula 1 alarm model. I found this article comparing the two watches.
https://www.tagheuerreviews.com/tag-heuer-formula-1-analog-alarm-vs-liv-watches-gx-alarm/reviews/

Head-to-Head

The table below compares select specifications for each watch. Aside from using the same movement, the similarities continue.

SpecificationsTag HeuerLIV Watches
Case diameter41 mm43 mm
Water resistance200 meters/600 feet100 meters/300 feet
Screw down crownYesYes
Screw down case backNoYes
316L stainless steel case and braceletYesYes
High grade anti-reflective sapphire crystalYesYes
3D multi-layer dialNoYes
Warranty2 years5 years
MSRP$1400.00$360.00

Around $300? That's quite good for a decent quality watch. If I get a job soon, I'll probably add this to my Christmas wish list. I haven't bought a new watch in a long, long time.

Don't like to carry my phone all the time, and even with it I'll wear a watch.

Luminox traveler for daily. Time zone bezel helps on distant trips.

B & M for dressy. Thing is the thickness of two stacked quarters.

And a G-Shock for bashing. Too ugly to show with all the other beauties in this thread.

the seiko “standard” skx007 is always a great choice too.

Absolutely is! I chose the other one simply because it looked different than my Omega Seamaster 300m quartz. I picked up used years ago for well under $1000. I chose quartz for 2 reasons. 1. Price. 2. Nostalgia. (It was the 1st Omega ever worn in a James Bond film. It was a quartz in the film, not an Auto)

my latest addition (well, April 2018) is a mid 50s jaeger lecoultre memovox, one of the greatest, and iconic, watches of all time.

9C91F184-9DB6-413B-AEC8-96F33F7C1D57.jpeg

this is my third jlc and i forking love their craftsmanship.

fork it. i’ll show off the collection later. it gets my pants to pop a tent.

Absolutely is! I chose the other one simply because it looked different than my Omega Seamaster 300m quartz. I picked up used years ago for well under $1000. I chose quartz for 2 reasons. 1. Price. 2. Nostalgia. (It was the 1st Omega ever worn in a James Bond film. It was a quartz in the film, not an Auto)

i love you.

i have the exact same watch, “the goldeneye”. i don’t know why i own anything else since it is all i wear.

If anyone is looking for a beater automatic that you can dive with. Pick up a Seiko Orange Monster off ebay. Mine has taken a beating and it is good to go. Here is a pretty nice example. https://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-Seiko...287373?hash=item443d018acd:g:jzQAAOSwuI9c05aI

I have a Black Monster on the steel band (in hindsight, wish I'd gone with orange) but I love it all the same. Rugged but comfortable, keeps accurate time, and has come to have iconic status in watch communities.

I have a Black Monster on the steel band (in hindsight, wish I'd gone with orange) but I love it all the same. Rugged but comfortable, keeps accurate time, and has come to have iconic status in watch communities.
i had a seiko mmp (tuna), but that thing looked like i had flava flav’s clock on my wrist and was a workout to lift my arm.

my latest addition (well, April 2018) is a mid 50s jaeger lecoultre memovox, one of the greatest, and iconic, watches of all time.

9C91F184-9DB6-413B-AEC8-96F33F7C1D57.jpeg

this is my third jlc and i forking love their craftsmanship.

fork it. i’ll show off the collection later. it gets my pants to pop a tent.

Awesome! Can't wait to see the collection! I am sure you have multiple Android and Apple watches in it. :LOL: I have a poor mans collection. My 2 most extravagant pieces are the Omega and Orange Monster. College funds and bills seem to get in the way!

i had a seiko mmp (tuna), but that thing looked like i had flava flav’s clock on my wrist and was a workout to lift my arm.

I thought that watch was only used for arm lengthening.

Awesome! Can't wait to see the collection! I am sure you have multiple Android and Apple watches in it. :LOL: I have a poor mans collection. My 2 most extravagant pieces are the Omega and Orange Monster. College funds and bills seem to get in the way!
i own one digital (well a gshock too somewhere, or its lost hah) and it is a timex ironman exactly like the one chuck norris wore in the expendables 3. yes, it was an intentional purchase.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom