Watch recommendations (1 Viewer)

i had a seiko mmp (tuna), but that thing looked like i had flava flav’s clock on my wrist and was a workout to lift my arm.

Lol. I can relate. The Monster is chunky looking without being big.

I bought a small shop dive watch a few years ago (Boschett), and while I like the watch and it seems to have solid build quality, the lug to lug height is borderline on me, so the watch has spent most of its time on a winder.

So I decided I wanted to get the grey alarm model with the silicone strap. I noticed there were only 3 left (LIV apparently does limited runs on each model), so I went ahead an ordered it a few days ago. (They have 90 day easy returns).

It came today and I have to say I'm impressed. Everything about the watch seems quality - it is really weighty and sturdy, the sapphire crystal, "3-d" depth in the face, movement, and setting features all feel like a high-quality, pricey watch. The movement is Ronda 4120.B (Swiss) and the same exact movement that Tag uses on its lower end sports watches (also Constant uses it). The assembly is in Germany. Note that the automatic LIV watches are fully Swiss Made.

And with 10% off, I got it for $330 - which just seems to me to be outstanding value for what you get. I was after a nice-looking, not too expensive but quality sport watch to wear on weekends in the summer and to travel with, and I think this is clearly a winner. I like the company, might have to get another one at some point.

The watch is actually very similar to the Tag Formula 1 alarm model. I found this article comparing the two watches.
https://www.tagheuerreviews.com/tag-heuer-formula-1-analog-alarm-vs-liv-watches-gx-alarm/reviews/

Head-to-Head

The table below compares select specifications for each watch. Aside from using the same movement, the similarities continue.

SpecificationsTag HeuerLIV Watches
Case diameter41 mm43 mm
Water resistance200 meters/600 feet100 meters/300 feet
Screw down crownYesYes
Screw down case backNoYes
316L stainless steel case and braceletYesYes
High grade anti-reflective sapphire crystalYesYes
3D multi-layer dialNoYes
Warranty2 years5 years
MSRP$1400.00$360.00

Wife ordered yesterday... Should be here Wed. But she said ain't getting til June lol

i love inner rotating bezels. they fascinate me.
Is that code? : )

Actually, it works well and is waterproof. I bought a duplicate watch in case the tritium craps out on one or the other.

Nice collection zeetes
thanks. honestly it is a barely moderate, at best, collection compared to a few people i know with pateks, audemars, high end jlc, and sheet like 20k rolex daytonas with gold/diamonds.

i am just a nerd with the different movements and how they operate.

thanks. honestly it is a barely moderate, at best, collection compared to a few people i know with pateks, audemars, high end jlc, and shirt like 20k rolex daytonas with gold/diamonds.

You sound like Mr. Huph in the Incredibles. :hihi:

thanks. honestly it is a barely moderate, at best, collection compared to a few people i know with pateks, audemars, high end jlc, and shirt like 20k rolex daytonas with gold/diamonds.

Well bully for them. I still think you’re cool.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom