Watch recommendations (2 Viewers)

Oh lordy, I just saw this gem today.

Moonphase with a dial face made of vantablack, the blackest material created by science. Only 35k. Looks like I'll be saving up for this guy,

i want a tourbillion sooo bad. the movements are incredibly complicated and awesome.

I'm saving my pennies for a new boat. There's a 50' G&S that's going to hit the market later this year that's a spectacular fishing boat. It'll run 12 knots in reverse and damn near plane chasing marlin backwards. I'll stick to my Tags and other cheapies!

I have had my eye on this for awhile and just pulled the trigger. Self winding automatic

8E2A9334_1920x.jpg
i am a big fan of the german watches.
I'm saving my pennies for a new boat. There's a 50' G&S that's going to hit the market later this year that's a spectacular fishing boat. It'll run 12 knots in reverse and damn near plane chasing marlin backwards. I'll stick to my Tags and other cheapies!
i am a boring person and would rather sit at home and be dumb.

So I need a recommendation. There's really nothing I wanted for Christmas so my wife tells me she wants to get me this watch I have been eyeing for a couple of years now.

But the question is the face size. My wrist is on the smaller side of medium (6.75"), but I like chunky watches. My favorite watch right now is 42mm. The men's magazines say that if you wrist is on the smaller side, stay from 38mm to 42mm.

This watch she's looking at is a chunky watch, needs some size to it. They have 44mm and 40mm. Should I stick with the guidance and get the 40mm or should I go bigger. I love my 42mm, does 2mm really make a difference?

40 as well here.

you dont want it to look like a grandfather clock face on your wrist.

Save that for the sports G Shock look.

I have had my eye on this for awhile and just pulled the trigger. Self winding automatic

i like that "industrial" look for sure. Not keen on the color as i look for traditional but you may have spotted my next addition.

( they have a black band, white pearl face that looks sleek )

40 as well here.

you dont want it to look like a grandfather clock face on your wrist.

Save that for the sports G Shock look.

Okay, well two opinions plus me leaning that way seals the deal.

Thanks fellers.

So I need a recommendation. There's really nothing I wanted for Christmas so my wife tells me she wants to get me this watch I have been eyeing for a couple of years now.

But the question is the face size. My wrist is on the smaller side of medium (6.75"), but I like chunky watches. My favorite watch right now is 42mm. The men's magazines say that if you wrist is on the smaller side, stay from 38mm to 42mm.

This watch she's looking at is a chunky watch, needs some size to it. They have 44mm and 40mm. Should I stick with the guidance and get the 40mm or should I go bigger. I love my 42mm, does 2mm really make a difference?

Well you served that one right up Chuck.
Of course it makes a difference. I’d go 44 but that’s just me. I have large hands and arms tho.

40 is a great size. i have the same size wrist, I actually prefer 38.

you would be surprised. 2mm makes a lot of difference

unfortunately, only way to know for sure is to try them both on.

I think I've mentioned my preference for the moonphase complication on here. I kind of like this construction because it's actually an accurate representation of the gibbous shape (most moonphases just do bigger and bigger crescents, which isn't what the moon does.)

It's a little out of my range though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom