Watch: Saints coach puts Irv Smith Jr. through pro day workout (1 Viewer)

And that’s the prospect I want to see us draft right there

What's the past correlation of Saints coaches running drills at pro day and then drafting the player concerned?

I mean, I'd like to believe it's fated that we could get him, but I've been hurt before...

What's the past correlation of Saints coaches running drills at pro day and then drafting the player concerned?

I mean, I'd like to believe it's fated that we could get him, but I've been hurt before...
Oh it’s most likely a pipe dream for me. I’m a huge Bama hater, but I strongly admire his game and the intensity he plays with. At times, I thought he teetered the lines of taking cheap shots on the field, but I always envisioned what he could do in a Saints uniform.

the article mentions IF he falls out of the first round the Saints could move up to get him.

Seems like Irv was doing well his first year, but I think he got injured. Seems like he was never the same after that. Does that sound familiar or have I been hitting the one hitter too much again?

6' 2-3/8" 242 lbs is sort of short for a TE. Draft profiles say he's not a natural hands catcher and that he fights the ball.

But there's pedigree there and we all know we like pedigree. His dad, Irv Smith Sr. was drafted by us in 1993 and played TE for us until 1997.

A video of him smoking weed through a gas mask may be the only thing keeping from dropping.
Well, I’d want to see a video like that of TJ Hockenson. Who I believe is the best TE in the draft, but there is no way we could get him. Irv is slightly more realistic being that most draft sites have him as the third best TE in the draft. Although, I feel that Irv is the second best and could have the best career in the pros.

What are the chances of Irv dropping to late/ 2nd rd? I'd say slim to none.

This seems to be a very good year to get a tight end. And it is a luxury position that teams sometimes prefer to take on mid and later rounds.

I guess the two Iowa tight ends will go before him, and after that, there is a jam of 4-5 that will be going between rounds two and three.

Smith to me is a very interesting prospect. A year ago he was the top TE prospect. Now, I can see him going from late first to early third round. I really would not be surprised if he falls to us.

6' 2-3/8" 242 lbs is sort of short for a TE. Draft profiles say he's not a natural hands catcher and that he fights the ball.

But there's pedigree there and we all know we like pedigree. His dad, Irv Smith Sr. was drafted by us in 1993 and played TE for us until 1997.

Let's hope he is better than his dad because I was never a fan of his when he played here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom