Watch Saints vs. Steelers on your PC Sunday (1 Viewer)

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm relatively new here, and I love the professionalism all of you display.

I don't know if this will help any of you, but I've seen a few post of fans who, like myself, are not in New Orleans right now, and won't be able to see the game Sunday because their local Fox affiliate is broadcasting another game. I.E. Cowboys/Cardinals, etc.

I came across a site recently where you can download a free software program called TVUplayer. It allows you to view live TV via the Internet.

There are several stations that are included with the software, and one is a Fox affiliate out of Washington DC (WTTG TV - FOX5) which just happens to be one of the Fox stations broadcasting the Saints and Steelers game Sunday.

I've already downloaded the software and installed it on my PC today, and it does work.

Once it's installed (very easy to do), launch it, and when the panel opens (under channels), just double click on FOX5.

It will take a few minutes for the Station to begins playing and to stabilize, but it's working on my computer.

You need a high speed Internet connection (dsl or cable) to view the streaming video, as well as Internet Explorer 6 or 7 and Windows Media Player - Most folks have the latter two on their PCs.

I don't know if the software will work for you, but if you want to see the game Sunday, it's worth a try.

The link to get the software is:

http://www.viidoo.com

Once you access the site, click the *downloads* link near the top of the page.

When that page opens, select the first download, which should be:

TVUplayer

Latest Beta Version: V2.2.1 Beta30 Released Date: Nov. 2006

After downloading, open the zip file and click the setup folder. You'll be walked through the steps from there.

I'm not a techie, and it was fairly simple for me...

Hope this can help some of you.
Keith

There are several stations that are included with the software, and one is a Fox affiliate out of Washington DC (WTTG TV - FOX5) which just happens to be one of the Fox stations broadcasting the Saints and Steelers game Sunday.

You've got to be kidding me, we're not getting the Cowgirls or the Lambs/Seapigeons?

Edit: According to gribblenation.net/nflmaps we're getting it. I'm totally shocked.

Thanks for the tip.

This was actually posted during the preseason, and many of us tried it out. It turned out to be unwatchable due to a very unresponsive server, constantly buffering the feed and mostly just showing a slow series of still images.

Perhaps it is improved and might be worth trying again.

Thanks for the tip.

This was actually posted during the preseason, and many of us tried it out. It turned out to be unwatchable due to a very unresponsive server, constantly buffering the feed and mostly just showing a slow series of still images.

Perhaps it is improved and might be worth trying again.

It has it's good days and it's bad days, Steve... just depends on how many people are using it (as it's P2P) and the initial feed... (if the PC providing the feed is horrible, you're gonna get "GIGO".)

Nice of you to come on and post the info especially for folks that can't get the game Sunday. It's worth a shot. Thanks KFran, mucho appreciated!

SOPCast > TVU Player.

http://www.sopcast.com

Whichever program you decide to use, bookmark this site:

streamednfl.blogspot.com (not directly linking to it)

My suggestion is actually to carry both programs, in case one source has the game and not the other.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom