Watched Giants-Cowboys (1 Viewer)

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixir
Reaction score
Giants pulled out a 20-19 win. Dallas had them beat but a WR ran inside instead of out of bounds at the end and negated a winning FG opportunity. Clock ran out.

I know I'm supposed to be really down and predict we get blown out next week, but I think we have a decent shot. Mostly because Brees should have a field day just like last year.

Prescott had good time most of the day and the Giants sacked him 0 times. That's not because Prescott was being elusive. He was just standing in the pocket and stepping up. The Giants gave up the short and intermediate passes all day. If there's a game Fleener comes alive in, it's probably this one. Snead should eat them up given the types of routes he runs.

OBJ had a fairly average day. Dallas did a good job with him. The Giants defended Elliot really well but Morris ran on them. So who knows if the Giants are good stopping the run or Elliot is just a rookie who needs time to develop as a runner.

Eli threw an INT on the onside. Carr jumped the route. He also fumbled but recovered it.

Vareen was dangerous as a scat runner. Jennings was steady and got better late in the game. I think he ended around 4YPC.

If Romo were playing, Dallas probably scores 30+. Prescott missed a bunch of throws and had communication issues on several plays.

My guess is our game against them next week will be a barn burner. Not really going out on a limb, I know.

I'd caution anyone who watches to just let it play out. You aren't going to win this game before the half and it'll almost certainly come down to the last 3 minutes or so. So just be mentally prepared to have your heart about to explode late in the 4th. It's going to happen.

But seriously, we aren't a great team but the Giants aren't a great team either. We can win it if we show a little progress defensively. I think we need to decide going in that we are just going to go balls out. Stay aggressive all game. Go for it on 4th down any time we cross the 50, etc. Score TDs and blitz a lot. Try to force mistakes. Sitting back in zone and letting them go on long drives would be the wrong way to go about it.

Giants pulled out a 20-19 win. Dallas had them beat but a WR ran inside instead of out of bounds at the end and negated a winning FG opportunity. Clock ran out.

In Detroit's game, that happened twice - and the 2nd WR was literally running down the sideline and let himself be tackled inbounds!

Incredible!

(But Detroit overcame that and won with a FG.)

In Detroit's game, that happened twice - and the 2nd WR was literally running down the sideline and let himself be tackled inbounds!

Incredible!

(But Detroit overcame that and won with a FG.)

I think the Dallas WR did it because he didn't think the 40 yard line would be enough and thought they could spike it in time. But Bailey is an awesome kicker. Better to have a chance then lose it right there.

Terrance Williams is not a rookie and should have known better (run out of bounds).

Without a good pass rush, I simply don't see we contain Cruz or Odell for four quarters.

Terrance Williams is not a rookie and should have known better (run out of bounds).

Without a good pass rush, I simply don't see we contain Cruz or Odell for four quarters.

We won't.

But they've got no pass rush either and our WRs are just as good as a total unit.

It'll go down to a final possession I'm sure.

IF Dallas wouldn't have dropped two TD passes, they would have won. Dak actually played better than I thought he would, but there were several key drops.

We won't.

But they've got no pass rush either and our WRs are just as good as a total unit.

It'll go down to a final possession I'm sure.

I liked at the Giants and see a near mirror image of us. It'll be interesting, for sure.

I think the Giants game will be reminiscent of last year's barnburner, which hopefully ends in a similar fashion. :hihi:

Ha, ha, this game is on the road. Stop trolling! You know good and well Eli is going to carve this team up on a level never seen before. There is no way in this world the Saints are winning this game. I would bet anything I have on it.

Ha, ha, this game is on the road. Stop trolling! You know good and well Eli is going to carve this team up on a level never seen before. There is no way in this world the Saints are winning this game. I would bet anything I have on it.

We get to play offense as well last I checked.

Well, go ahead and bet your house on it. Then come see me next week. :ezbill:

Oh yeah? What do you have? Lets have a talk.

It's the NFL. Both sides get paid to play. The Giants are not a juggernaut and we've got a good shot at going up there and beating them. The same odds we would have had we won today.

Week 1 losses suck, but let's not jump off of a cliff. Funny that you're telling people to quit trolling.

Watched as well. Tell you what I noticed was that Jonathan Casillas guy can really play. Wish we could have a fast, cover linebacker like that on our roster...

Giants offense didn't look all that great to me given those three TDs were the only times they were even past 30 yard line.

Watched as well. Tell you what I noticed was that Jonathan Casillas guy can really play. Wish we could have a fast, cover linebacker like that on our roster...

This is his 4th team in 4 years.

I think it's safe to not blame the FO for not keeping Jonathan Casillas around.

He did play the game of his life yesterday but I doubt he's a factor next week.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom