Watched some tape on Jarvis Jones, Mingo, and Ziggy Ansah (1 Viewer)

Mingo was very impressive in his final game until he got hurt. In fact, had he stayed healthy, LSU would've beaten Clemson. He was causing complete havoc. With that said, there were times throughout the season where he completely disappeared. That worries me a bit. I haven't seen Dion Jordan play much to be honest, so I can't comment on him. Same with Ziggy. Jarvis Jones, however, can play. He's just a baller. I was very impressed with him.

That was Mingos most impressive game imo. I wasnt aware he got hurt though. What kind of injury?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I gotta tell you, I absolutely enjoyed reading your post Bornandraisedwhodat. I took the same approach with Ansah as you did. I wanted to like him, but didn't want to solely on hype. Read reports on his Sr Bowl practices, listened to Maylock, got confused, saw his final two practices, and was disappointed. Watched him look like a man among boys at the Sr Bowl game, and became a believer. I don't think you can go wrong with any of these guys. This is one of the best years to need DLine help, even with the switch to the 3-4. I'd hate to be Mickey Loomis or Sean Payton with all 3 available at #15. I almost hope Quanterus Smith or Brandon Jenkins show up at the combine with red Solo cups filled with Purple Drank, so we can pick them up on the 3rd day.:hihi:

Ansah is a track athlete...a 2 point stance is natural for him. I read the samething about his 3 point stance. He stands up instead of bursting...coaching can help that.

As tackled get more athletic i think the counter for that is power. Hes a better OLB then DE right now...hes also a more natural run defender than passrusher...if he ever learns any move....watch out

What i mean is that id prefer a power guy@ ROLB like Ansah than a pure speed rusher like Mingo.

REason being is those 6'6 310 guys.. Ansah can over power. The 6'5 356 guys won't have the agility to keep up with him.

I don't see Ansah playing significantly at all in his 1st year. Martez Wilson was considered raw and Akiem Hicks was to a greater extent than Wilson, I don't think Raw is a term to even characterize how green this guy is currently. He will have very select situational play on the field his 1st year. It is just way too much to bargain for in a 1st round selection.

I don't see Ansah playing significantly at all in his 1st year. Martez Wilson was considered raw and Akiem Hicks was to a greater extent than Wilson, I don't think Raw is a term to even characterize how green this guy is currently. He will have very select situational play on the field his 1st year. It is just way too much to bargain for in a 1st round selection.

Looking@ draft tek if we decided to trade back to say 22nd for the other team to move up it would require a 2nd round pick. Id take Ansah@ 22 as long as we get the value of getting a 2nd rounder out of it.

He could come in on 3rd downs and rush the passer.

Once Mingo interviews and the coaches hear what other coaches say about his character, his draft position will move up. He is a great kid, and I mean great. He was 6'5" and weighed 205 in high school. I think now he is up to 242. If you put 10 lbs. on him he will be able to handle the tackles. He is so explosive off the line. I see him being great on Sundays. He is my pick.

Love the analysis, but do you really see Ansah as an OLB in a 34?
I was thinking DT.

Great write up on all three guys. The one imagine I can't get out of my head is Mingo walking LaMichael James down from behind for a loss against Oregon in 2011. Not many if any other DE in CFB could do that. I know it's only one play, but only great players make plays like that.

Ziggy. Take away the Z and he's the same nickname as one of my favorite basketball players. Impossible not to like this dude.

I want him, then Mingo, then Jones, then Jordan, then Ziggy, then Mingo, then Werner, then anyone else.

Odds are too high in our favor of coming out of this draft with an excellent pass rusher.

An underrated stat that can really seperate the men from the boys is tackles for loss. And with TFL Jarvis Jones even beats out Clowney with 24. Mingo comes in at a concern with 7.5 but that could be partially to blame with his rotation.

Regardless if Jones is there I think you have to take him and not give in to the group think that can plague the draft.

An underrated stat that can really seperate the men from the boys is tackles for loss. And with TFL Jarvis Jones even beats out Clowney with 24. Mingo comes in at a concern with 7.5 but that could be partially to blame with his rotation.

Regardless if Jones is there I think you have to take him and not give in to the group think that can plague the draft.

I can agree with that. Jones was impressive.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

thx for the post bornandraisedwhodat. i live in penn state country.didnt see these guys play. keep reading about thembut didnt see them play.keep up the good work.u going to do the same on our other needs?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom