watched the SP interview... (1 Viewer)

I agree that we are better than that and should respect the wishes of our coach, I just really, really want to put two drops of visine in his cucumber water. ..........Just to see his face go from this
020312_NFL_Super_Bowl_Press_Conference_Roger_Goodell_PI+_20120203170927197_660_320.JPG

to this
goodell.jpg

You're right,but it will be very difficult to treat this man with respect. He put our coach, our team,and us through HELL and for what, to keep us out of the SB in our city. I understand we should be on our best behavior,but if you ask me,we have done just that,throughout this entire ordeal.

Don't have to treat him with respect, simple indifference will do.

I have felt this way since the interview from Mobile. I said he was the only man on the planet who could tell me to move on and I would listen. Therefore I have done just that.

Lol same here.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I have posted my opinion on this topic on other threads.

If I saw Goodell on the street, my reaction would be to ignore him. And if I as a member of the hospitality or restaurant industry were dealing with Goodell, my response would be to welcome him as a guest of the community.

On about 18 levels, the advocacy of acting badly to Goodell during Super Bowl week is adolescent and foolish. Note that I am not suggesting that anyone change his opinion of Goodell. But he and his league are guests of the community next week. He will certainly have veto power over whether New Orleans receives the 2018 Super Bowl. The city and state want favorable publicity from their hosting of the Super Bowl. The city and the Saints organization badly--badly--need closure with the bounty allegation mess. And yelling or jeering at someone on the street is simply not how adults with good sense and good judgment act.

Goodell making an appearance at a Saints game in the future is a different matter--if he is still commissioner 10 years from now, the booing will not end quickly. But Super Bowl week is another matter--acting badly towards Goodell accomplishes nothing positive. Let it go.

The ultimate payback will be playing in and winning the Superbowl in Goodell's back yard next year.

On nola.com, there is an interview by **** ****** with Peter Finney about the 1981 Superbowl in New Orleans where Pete Rozelle had to present the trophy to Al Davis. I'd like an analogous awkward moment for the current commissioner to happen in New Jersey in 2014. Let's keep it as civil as we can and welcome the mor... uh, the id..., uh, the commissioner to New Orleans.

I agree that we are better than that and should respect the wishes of our coach, I just really, really want to put two drops of visine in his cucumber water. ..........Just to see his face go from this
020312_NFL_Super_Bowl_Press_Conference_Roger_Goodell_PI+_20120203170927197_660_320.JPG

to this
goodell.jpg

Bartend much? hahaha. Or is it the cucumber making him wince?

I have felt this way since the interview from Mobile. I said he was the only man on the planet who could tell me to move on and I would listen. Therefore I have done just that.

This exactly. I was still ****** even when Payton was reinstated. But listening to Payton's two interviews has changed my mind. It's done now, time to move on and continue the business of kicking ***.

Nice that folks are inspired, and sure, no harm in taking the high road, but what do you expect him to say?

"Fans, attack!"

Not only is he trying to get our second round pick back, he's also trying to get off on a good foot protecting the salary he is about to start collecting again.

Behave nicely, fine, but the team, execs, and fanbase were screwed royally. It will be a long time if ever that I ever like or trust or respect Goodell ever again. He lied, he's till being paid, we got screwed.

Letting go is normally the right thing to do, but he's still punishing us with the stone 2nd rounder. Noone has any idea if we will get our 2nd rounder back if we welcome him, and once the Superbowl is over we will have no leverage. At least if he thinks we're going to ruin the Superbowl, or at least create bad publicity, then he might consider preemptive action by returning our pick. At this point, until he returns it, I'm going to hope that we diminish the Superbowl experience.

Well, let me tell you how I feel about it. [Mod edit] Goodell and his [Mod edit] [Mod edit] [Mod edit]!! If I were to see him on the street I would destroy his [Mod edit] [Mod edit] and kick his [Mod edit] [Mod edit] by shoving his [Mod edit] [Mod edit] in his [Mod edit] [Mod edit] [Mod edit]!! With all due respect.

Judging by this thread all is going well according to Rogers plan. You really think Payton said that stuff because he wanted to? I think it was because it was the terms Goodell gave him to be reinstated. Payton has sold it rather well because he is just such a good public speaker and motivator.

I think you guys are thinking with cloudy judgement. I 100% believe Sean meant what he said. What good can really come out of treating Goodell badly and showing zero class? It's always better to move on from these things. Dwelling on them only makes you bitter. It happened, it's over for the most part, so it's time to move on to next year. Attacking Goodell only makes the city and it's fans look bad. That's all. You won't magically convince him to give us our 2nd round pick back and it won't change a single thing that happened this season. It's better for people to see a classy city than a bitter one. Just my opinion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom