watched the SP interview... (1 Viewer)

0rion

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Just watched the PFT interview from today. I have to say listening to him talk again was great but the 1 major thing I took away from it had to do with Goodell and what his thoughts were about fans not really welcoming Goodell to the city. It really changed my mind on how I previously thought. Originally I thought people should make it unpleasant for Goodell but after hearing Sean I now think the people owe it to THEMSELVES to put their best foot forward. Being the bitter fan base isn't what we're about. I think getting knocked down and being able to stand back up with your head held high shows character. There's no fan base in the league with as much character as Saints fans. It's time once again we prove that to the nation. The media along with the entire nation will be watching and most hoping for something out of line to happen so they can either report it or be entertained by it. This is the time to show them how people are supposed to act.

I have felt this way since the interview from Mobile. I said he was the only man on the planet who could tell me to move on and I would listen. Therefore I have done just that.

maybe, but when I get knocked down , i get back up and start swinging and shooting.

Ok. Maybe I won't set his car on fire but we can easily and humbly refuse to bring him a plate of food. Let someone else who is willing do it. There's nothing wrong with that, I think. I appreciate what Sean is saying but unlike him, we as fans have much less to lose. I do have a feeling our 2nd round pick is riding on his treatment while in the city.

Just watched the PFT interview from today. I have to say listening to him talk again was great but the 1 major thing I took away from it had to do with Goodell and what his thoughts were about fans not really welcoming Goodell to the city. It really changed my mind on how I previously thought. Originally I thought people should make it unpleasant for Goodell but after hearing Sean I now think the people owe it to THEMSELVES to put their best foot forward. Being the bitter fan base isn't what we're about. I think getting knocked down and being able to stand back up with your head held high shows character. There's no fan base in the league with as much character as Saints fans. It's time once again we prove that to the nation. The media along with the entire nation will be watching and most hoping for something out of line to happen so they can either report it or be entertained by it. This is the time to show them how people are supposed to act.
You're right,but it will be very difficult to treat this man with respect. He put our coach, our team,and us through HELL and for what, to keep us out of the SB in our city. I understand we should be on our best behavior,but if you ask me,we have done just that,throughout this entire ordeal.

All I wanted was my coach back and my wish was granted. Goodell will get his. Karma will see to that.

Everything Payton has done and said since he was punished has proved that he is a much bigger man than Goodell. After what was done to him, if he asks us to behave, then I think for his sake, most of us will do so.

Personally, if I was in New Orleans and saw him, I would perhaps give him a loud boo or something, but that's the extent of it. I don't want to give him the satisfaction of provoking a stronger response(although internally I do want to act like a drunken child about it).

The main thing I will say though, is I wonder how much truth there is behind what Sean stated. He HAS to play nice, and say he has a good working relationship with him etc etc. If his hands weren't tied, or if/when he retires, I wonder if there might be a little more emotion behind how he describes the events of the past year.

Did you see what the coach did to Mike Bell for wearing the wrong blinkety-blank cleats in the Super Bowl? He's intimidating! If he tells me to do something, I'm going to do it -- and that includes maintaining my decorum with Snidely Whiplash while he's in town. We're famous for our bonhomie and easygoing atmosphere, so I'm fine with showing that face to the world.

This city has a long memory. I will celebrate the karmic comeuppance Roger Goodell will undoubtedly get, but I will not be the agent of that karma.

Its the right thing to say publicly.

I still think goodel would be best suited to have a proxy order his meals for him wherever he eats out.

I don't think anyone is going to run up and give him a hug.....I'm just saying when he's out in public there will be cameras on him just waiting for an unruly Saints fan to do something ignorant so they can plaster it all over the TV. We're better than that. Think of a city where that would happen if they were in the same position we are. Now do you want to have the same reputation as those fans?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom