Watched the Steeler replay on the NFL Network Wednesday (1 Viewer)

KingBarkus

King of Nuttin'
Reaction score
I noticed on the Copper fumble he took his eye off the ball before the catch to take a peek at the defender zeroing in on him. I'm surprised he actually caught the ball.
Copper made some good plays during the game. It's a shame he had 2 unfortunate ones late.

Good show on the NFL network. They compress the game into 1.5 hours with replays and player/coach interviews.

Copper is a decent developmental player. He's too young and inexperienced to be a game winning receiver.

I too saw the NFL REPLAY GAME! I still fiind it so hard t believe that we played the defending SUPERBOWL Champs , in their house (no matter they were 2-6) they were still the same roster for the most part played so strongly last season!

We gave them three turnovers and STILL, STILL only lost by 7 and came close to beating them anyway! Copper and Craft and the two Porter runs and three turnovers and still almost took it to them. What an offense we have AND and Offensive line and our Defensive line play so well!

I'm convinced we destroy Cincy all the Johnson's and all, we've GOT to put real pressure on Palmer as we have on all of our victories upon review and turn DEUCE loose along with Reggie hitting the true holes set up by the D-Line!

After further review, of the NFL REPLAY I say we make a huge run at the end of this season and so deep into the play-offs we just make take the cheese and walk away with the Lombardi Trophy and make history!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GEAUX SAINTS GEAUX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The reaction by some to Copper was unbelievable. The guy was brought on only as a special teams player. He earned his roster spot and then earned the spot over Devery Henderson, just like Colston played his way into the starting lineup.

Copper then justified that faith for 2 straight games up until the final 2 plays. They were critical, and obviously he isn't beating out Joe Horn anytime soon, but to toss him out over 2 plays is beyond extreme.

The reaction by some to Copper was unbelievable. The guy was brought on only as a special teams player. He earned his roster spot and then earned the spot over Devery Henderson, just like Colston played his way into the starting lineup.

Copper then justified that faith for 2 straight games up until the final 2 plays. They were critical, and obviously he isn't beating out Joe Horn anytime soon, but to toss him out over 2 plays is beyond extreme.

I agree some of these people are ridiculous, I mean the guy had a hell of game and was making big catches alongside Colston, I also remember him making a couple critical 3rd down catches in previous games as well...People want to look at that last fumble but if we wouldn''t have turned it over twice(which led to immediate TD's, one on a horrible blown coverage) we wouldn't have needed any last second drives because we would've been in control................

I watched the Cincy game last night on replayand one major thing I saw was that you have to get early pressure on Palmer. If he has more the 4 sec it doesn't matter how many guys are in coverage. We are going to have to get Smith and Grant on him all day and blitz

Yep. Likely wouldn't even have come down to those final 2 plays without his contributions earlier in the game.

All it takes is one bad play (which cost us the game) to negate everything you've done good.

Because there are just so many Colstons in the NFL :dunno:

Exactly. Colston doesnt exactly follow the rules. Rookie WR's arent supposed to be that good, you can't judge Copper by Colston.

Colston is one of the most amazing rookie stories in a long time.

Did Copper cost us the game? No
Did Copper cost us a chance to tie and possibly win the game? Yes
There is a big difference in the 2 questions.

No 1 play wins or loses a game. It's a combination of every play in the game. I thought the young man played well. The dropped ball was really a nice play by the db. The fumble was also a nice play by the db. I guess it's simply how you want to look at any given play or game.

Copper is a decent developmental player. He's too young and inexperienced to be a game winning receiver.

I disagree. I see him as an eventual #2 Receiver for us. Next season, I see him as the slot guy. Of course, it all depends on Devery Henderson.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom