Watching Coach Payton Live Now (1 Viewer)

By the end of the season we really weren't built for a deep playoff run. Kamara disappeared and our defense had key injuries. We weren't going to make a deep run even if we won last week. Fix our issues and come back stronger next year.
I would have been different maybe with Derrick Henry, but we were good enough to go in the road and beat the Titans.

That's one of the keys to the season but there were adjustments not tried. Everyone and their mother could see something was off with Kamara but he was forced in situations straight through to the end.

But still had we been in these tight games in the playoffs at some point you have your doubts we could close out, because inability to close out has become a thing for the defense, a feature of DA's scheme, which I would hope the team would have a meeting about and some focus on correcting. It's kind of a big deal....

Last edited:
Should've called your 3rd timeout instead of letting the clock go to the 2-minute warning. Could've offset Kamara being dumb the final drive. Poor clock management finally caught up with Payton, but lets keep crying offseason. Sooner or later it will pay off!

And call a couple timeouts in OT. When Lattimore limped off field in OT, Robinson runs out and looks lost as a goose. I was screaming for a timeout. Let the defense reset and plan for them to go to Thielen. Jenkins was handling Diggs. Instruct Marcus Williams to help Robinson with Thielen because everyone knew they would target Robinson. No TO and next play is the 40 yard bomb to Thielen. Just plain stupid. And why not call a TO on 3rd down when you see how they lineup? No, just blitz and lose the game by leaving PJ with Rudolph. Still shaking my head.

This times 1000. We CANNOT ignore the WR2 position again this year. Ginn is done and TQS is a 3rd or 4th option at best. Can you imagine if we could have gotten Sanders instead of the 9-ers??
Do you think a burner/deep threat #2 really matters, or another version of CGM?

And two things:

1. An NFL officiating analyst said that with his 17 years of experience, the Vikes game-winning TD in OT was definitely OPI. UGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
2. Payton said, that after evaluating the year's body of work that Drew Brees was performing at a high level and still has a lot of football left in him and he FULLY expects Brees to be on the field in a Saints uni next season.
They were handfighting. I heard that Troy Aikmen spotted the mismatch and pointed it out on TV. Not to mention letting them drive the field to get in position for the TD. It is a weak argument and I really hope Payton let's it go.

By the end of the season we really weren't built for a deep playoff run. Kamara disappeared and our defense had key injuries. We weren't going to make a deep run even if we won last week. Fix our issues and come back stronger next year.

I really thought after both Rankins and Davenport went on IR that our chances had diminished....but then I also thought the offensive line was playing really well so I had some optimism as well....and then the offensive line shat the bed in the Vikes game....

I'm in the minority but I think we need to bolster both our o and d lines, I think that is more important than drafting a WR in the 1st round....I really think Deonte Harris could be a very good WR and Taysom continues to grow as a receiver as well....the problem in FA is quality veteran WR's are muy expensive....but maybe we go that route...we will see....

They were handfighting. I heard that Troy Aikmen spotted the mismatch and pointed it out on TV. Not to mention letting them drive the field to get in position for the TD. It is a weak argument and I really hope Payton let's it go.
Again, it wasn't Payton, the official brought it up. They had him via satellite and asked his opinion.

Do you think a burner/deep threat #2 really matters, or another version of CGM?
Another possession receiver with big play potential (yac). That's why Emmanuel Sanders was the answer to our super bowl aspirations. Oh well.

And two things:

1. An NFL officiating analyst said that with his 17 years of experience, the Vikes game-winning TD in OT was definitely OPI. UGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
2. Payton said, that after evaluating the year's body of work that Drew Brees was performing at a high level and still has a lot of football left in him and he FULLY expects Brees to be on the field in a Saints uni next season.
That's good enough for me. Adios Teddy. No way he stays to be a backup again nor could we afford him. Further only way to prevent Drew dead money from killing us is to do few year deal with Drew and kick the salary can down the road with his dead money.

That's good enough for me. Adios Teddy. No way he stays to be a backup again nor could we afford him. Further only way to prevent Drew dead money from killing us is to do few year deal with Drew and kick the salary can down the road with his dead money.
Not sure if it means much but Coach said that he wanted to keep Brees, Taysom, and Bridgewater. lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom