Watching Davis and Alexander lined up next to each other warms my heart (1 Viewer)

Waste of a move at the deadline. Anzalone was ranked better than Davis this year by PFF. Then we go an bench him. Maybe Alexander is a slight upgrade at best (jury out still), but ZERO chance that was our biggest need. Why not trade for an area that was actually a weakness?
PFF really does suck. If you think Anzalone was playing much better than Davis (because that's what PFF says), that's crazy.

"He was he was yelling at the defense all night, 'Let's find ways to get the ball, get the ball get the ball!'" Davis said. "So he's gonna be a guy that just makes our defense better. Definitely excited to play beside him."

See this is what's been missing from this defense. The mindset of getting that ball out and creating a turnover. This is what is taught at San Francisco.

His mentality alone was worth the trade.

"He was he was yelling at the defense all night, 'Let's find ways to get the ball, get the ball get the ball!'" Davis said. "So he's gonna be a guy that just makes our defense better. Definitely excited to play beside him."

See this is what's been missing from this defense. The mindset of getting that ball out and creating a turnover. This is what is taught at San Francisco.

We did manage 4 turn overs (thanks special teams) so maybe there's something to that.

For years I've would've given an unmentionable to have one LB like this. Now we have two. Both guys love the game and they play like their life depends on it. They play for keeps with speed, athleticism, instincts, and passion. Should be fun to watch.
For many, many years, I've been wishing the Saints would acquire a LB that the opposing offenses have to game plan against.

Hopefully, the two of them put the FEAR into opposing offenses!

Geaux Saints

Time to KICK Championship Butt, Again!

I don’t get what everyone is so excited about. I mean, it’s just two smart, speedy, hard-hitting linebackers, playing side by side and acting as human heat-seeking missiles looking to destroy anyone holding a football.

Calm down.

That just makes me think of Danny the cop from The Replacements.

PFF really does suck. If you think Anzalone was playing much better than Davis (because that's what PFF says), that's crazy.
Well said...The mere fact anyone watching our games would think for a second that Anzalone was playing better than Davis is beyond belief. Alexander is a huge upgrade and frankly will make the secondary better as they won't have to inch up to help with the run as much. Good decision by the front office that made our defense better and with the loss of Drew for some undetermined time is even more important.

Waste of a move at the deadline. Anzalone was ranked better than Davis this year by PFF. Then we go an bench him. Maybe Alexander is a slight upgrade at best (jury out still), but ZERO chance that was our biggest need. Why not trade for an area that was actually a weakness?
Define “Davis”.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom