Watching ESPN this morning... (1 Viewer)

Darth Deuce

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Yeah, I know, I know, but it was on the tv during my break at work. Volume was off so I was reading subtitles but they were talking about Cam Newton and how he’s still having issues with his shoulder. Talked about his bad stats this year on passes of 15+ yards. He was saying he would not confirm nor deny the talk of him having shoulder surgery.

My thought was if we win the division this Sunday do they sit him the rest of the season for potential surgery? If so, who is their backup?

Yeah, I know, I know, but it was on the tv during my break at work. Volume was off so I was reading subtitles but they were talking about Cam Newton and how he’s still having issues with his shoulder. Talked about his bad stats this year on passes of 15+ yards. He was saying he would not confirm nor deny the talk of him having shoulder surgery.

My thought was if we win the division this Sunday do they sit him the rest of the season for potential surgery? If so, who is their backup?
Taylor Heinicke threw the hail mary pass for Cam last game so I assume it is him.

Rivera is coaching for his job. He isn’t gonna bench the starting QB.

Cryolina is still only a game out of the WC. Even if we win the division they are still in the hunt. But, they need help to get in. The teams ahead of them are Vikings and Seachickens who play each other this weekend. So if Cryolina beats the Browns... they will likely move up into the spot vacated by either Viks or Hags loss. Both those teams have some difficult games yet to play. So Cryolina isn't shutting it down...

How does a shoulder injury cause one to fire passes 5 feet over the head of the WR on a sideline out pattern, as one has done consistently for several years? :idunno:

is his shoulder injury like that of a high ankle sprain? not really the shoulder but abit higher up lol

Taylor Heinicke was who I thought would be an ideal backup for Drew in a draft or two ago. He was a late round flyer type guy.

They will not rest Cam. The division doesn't mean anything for them now. They are still in a playoff race.

I noticed something while watching them play this year. Cam has always had a pretty ugly throwing motion, but this year his motion is almost like he's doing shotput. it looks like he's putting his whole body into it and heaving every pass, even 10 yarders. for a huge QB like him, it seems kinda weird. so I think either he's regressing badly, or he's injured.

He's hardly my favorite quarterback....or person, but it would be difficult to question his physical courage in general, notwithstanding that failure to dive for that fumble in the Super Bowl. He'll take a big hit and keep playing, and he does strike me as the kind of guy who would play through an injury. And he's really been playing the position pretty well this year. So he could well be injured.

What's more fascinating is watching their defense get old and wither this year. At 6-2, it looked like they'd finally break that good/bad-every-other-year pattern since 2012, but now they have to play us twice, go to Cleveland....they may well get it done after all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom