Watching NE destroy the Jets... (1 Viewer)

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
makes me wonder why we can't put teams away like that.

The Jets are a good defense regardless of how bad Brady and the Pats are making them look... and we get up on both Dallas and Cincinnati to the tune of 20-6, and we need a late TD drive to win the game.

Our offense is better that NE's... it just boggles my mind that we can't just stomp teams out once we get up on them.

Yeah I'm jealous.. :aargh:

makes me wonder why we can't put teams away like that.... it just boggles my mind that we can't just stomp teams out once we get up on them.

you mean like we did to the patriots? last year? on a monday night?

just because we haven't done it so far this year doesn't we "can't" - our offense is every bit as good as new england's (i'd argue it's better).

The Patriots look very comfortable in cold weather....and fast. It's pretty to watch a near perfect performance for a full 60 minutes. Reminds me of our game against them last year.

Well Brady and the whole team is on fire. But me and my brother were just talking about this. The Cowgirls and Bengals game never should have been that close, especially the way we jumped out front on them. I dont know why Payton doesnt show that killer instinct like he did last year, Even Williams will call soft sometimes, It may be due to the injuries we have been dealing with i dont know? But I know we are very capable of doing it though just ask the Pats about it last year

I think when we get up on people, Sean Payton starts mildly experimenting with stuff to see if new things will work down the road, rather than just sticking with what is currently working.

I think he's also concerned with our successes being "on tape" for future teams to study. So he tries new stuff whenever he perceives some breathing room. Sometimes it hurts us.

I agree. It seems like all season we have been lacking the killer instinct. we get up by a couple scores and then let off the gas. I think part of the problem is play calling and part of it has to do with the player's mentality.

you mean like we did to the patriots? last year? on a monday night?

just because we haven't done it so far this year doesn't we "can't" - our offense is every bit as good as new england's (i'd argue it's better).

I'm in no way comparing this season to last... didn't say anything about last year in m OP because I understand every year is different.

But... my point is that these last 2 games were alot closer than they should have been.

Do you not agree?

Pats exposed the Jets tonight...you get up on them and it's over for the Jets.

I tell you what, watching the Pats play like this, I keep thinking, if we would ever put everything together at some point in the season/in the playoffs how bad @#$ would a Pats vs Saints Superbowl be???? WHAT!!

It takes two, as the saying goes, to create a true blowout, but our wins vs Tampa and Seattle had a similar feel- without the typical Patriots/Belichick run up of the score, of course.

I think when we get up on people, Sean Payton starts mildly experimenting with stuff to see if new things will work down the road, rather than just sticking with what is currently working.

I think he's also concerned with our successes being "on tape" for future teams to study. So he tries new stuff whenever he perceives some breathing room. Sometimes it hurts us.
Interesting hypothesis. I'd rather believe this than have it be some flaw in our system/team. Regardless, it aggravates the living soul out of me to see the Saints play less than their potential.

I'm at work and following on-line, so maybe it is being discussed, but having Brady still in the game with a 40-point lead is asanine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom