Watching Presidential town hall (1 Viewer)

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
While not on the same political spectrum as Obama, I gotta say, he's acquitting himself well tonight. If he was running again, I'd vote for him over the two crappy candidates running now. He's well spoken, measured and smart. He doesn't get enough credit for what he tries to do. Especially liked his answers to the questions about the problems with the VA and the kneeling during anthem.

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
Reaction score
While not on the same political spectrum as Obama, I gotta say, he's acquitting himself well tonight. If he was running again, I'd vote for him over the two crappy candidates running now. He's well spoken, measured and smart. He doesn't get enough credit for what he tries to do. Especially liked his answers to the questions about the problems with the VA and the kneeling during anthem.
He is simply "Presidential" in his manner and speak.

He embodies what a President should look and sound like.

It was really good. Congress needs to wake up. They are so busy trying to maintain individual positions and play partisan games, things like this are just not on the front burner.

It absolutely should be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score

He has always been highly intelligent and a gifted speaker. I think he is trying to enjoy his final months, free from most of the partisan maneuvering and knowing nothing will be happening at Congress. It's a grueling job and he's gotten through two terms. His legacy will be determined by history but I think it's entirely fair and natural for him to be proud of his work and savor the final months while looking forward to life after the White House. It seems that most two-timers get that sort of air at this time.

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Poor W didn't, but he had a bit to do with the reasons he didn't.

SaintJ

hard, pipe-hittin'
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Poor W didn't, but he had a bit to do with the reasons he didn't.
I'll always believe he was among the most poorly advised presidents in history.

He just never seemed completely comfortable projecting what were supposed to be his own messages.

Still, he wanted to be the decider, so that ultimately has to be on him.

Seems like he is at peace now, though, and I have no problem with that, what's done is done.

SaintJ

hard, pipe-hittin'
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Not to mention about as scandal-free a Presidency as we've had in my lifetime, although if you want to count the last six months of the Eisenhower administration that would be a tie.

Civility, order and dignity have been restored to the White House.

OP

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Civility, order and dignity have been restored to the White House.
Unfortunately, it looks like it's gonna be short-lived. I really hope I'm proven wrong, but I don't see it happening with Clinton/Trump.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)